Jul 19, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
It seems reasonable to assume that Weber wouldn’t have agreed to that deal unless he wanted to play for the Flyers, so it’s not surprising that Bousquet was asked about the possibility of the Nashville Predators retaining his client by matching the offer.
“I don’t think you sign an offer sheet unless your pointing in that one direction,” Bousquet said. He added that it’s really up to the Predators, but “he’d like to play with the Philadelphia Flyers.”
According to his agent, Weber doesn’t want to go through another rebuilding process. When asked if Weber would be in this position had Ryan Suter re-signed with the Predators, Bousquet speculated that things would be different.
It sounds like it could get fairly awkward if Nashville decides to match the Philadelphia Flyers offer, but Bousquet thinks the hard feeling can be overcome in that event.
Bousquet said everyone’s professional in Nashville and he even cited Weber’s arbitration case with the Predators last summer as evidence that this situation can be overcome.
“I think as soon as we got out of the courtroom and went for dinner, the hard feelings were all gone,” Bousquet said.
Bousquet also said that he warned the Predators that there was an offer sheet coming with the Flyers to give Nashville a chance to trade him first. However, that obviously didn’t work out.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 29
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)