Jul 19, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
It seems reasonable to assume that Weber wouldn’t have agreed to that deal unless he wanted to play for the Flyers, so it’s not surprising that Bousquet was asked about the possibility of the Nashville Predators retaining his client by matching the offer.
“I don’t think you sign an offer sheet unless your pointing in that one direction,” Bousquet said. He added that it’s really up to the Predators, but “he’d like to play with the Philadelphia Flyers.”
According to his agent, Weber doesn’t want to go through another rebuilding process. When asked if Weber would be in this position had Ryan Suter re-signed with the Predators, Bousquet speculated that things would be different.
It sounds like it could get fairly awkward if Nashville decides to match the Philadelphia Flyers offer, but Bousquet thinks the hard feeling can be overcome in that event.
Bousquet said everyone’s professional in Nashville and he even cited Weber’s arbitration case with the Predators last summer as evidence that this situation can be overcome.
“I think as soon as we got out of the courtroom and went for dinner, the hard feelings were all gone,” Bousquet said.
Bousquet also said that he warned the Predators that there was an offer sheet coming with the Flyers to give Nashville a chance to trade him first. However, that obviously didn’t work out.
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 4
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)