Jul 19, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
It seems reasonable to assume that Weber wouldn’t have agreed to that deal unless he wanted to play for the Flyers, so it’s not surprising that Bousquet was asked about the possibility of the Nashville Predators retaining his client by matching the offer.
“I don’t think you sign an offer sheet unless your pointing in that one direction,” Bousquet said. He added that it’s really up to the Predators, but “he’d like to play with the Philadelphia Flyers.”
According to his agent, Weber doesn’t want to go through another rebuilding process. When asked if Weber would be in this position had Ryan Suter re-signed with the Predators, Bousquet speculated that things would be different.
It sounds like it could get fairly awkward if Nashville decides to match the Philadelphia Flyers offer, but Bousquet thinks the hard feeling can be overcome in that event.
Bousquet said everyone’s professional in Nashville and he even cited Weber’s arbitration case with the Predators last summer as evidence that this situation can be overcome.
“I think as soon as we got out of the courtroom and went for dinner, the hard feelings were all gone,” Bousquet said.
Bousquet also said that he warned the Predators that there was an offer sheet coming with the Flyers to give Nashville a chance to trade him first. However, that obviously didn’t work out.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)