Jul 19, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
It seems reasonable to assume that Weber wouldn’t have agreed to that deal unless he wanted to play for the Flyers, so it’s not surprising that Bousquet was asked about the possibility of the Nashville Predators retaining his client by matching the offer.
“I don’t think you sign an offer sheet unless your pointing in that one direction,” Bousquet said. He added that it’s really up to the Predators, but “he’d like to play with the Philadelphia Flyers.”
According to his agent, Weber doesn’t want to go through another rebuilding process. When asked if Weber would be in this position had Ryan Suter re-signed with the Predators, Bousquet speculated that things would be different.
It sounds like it could get fairly awkward if Nashville decides to match the Philadelphia Flyers offer, but Bousquet thinks the hard feeling can be overcome in that event.
Bousquet said everyone’s professional in Nashville and he even cited Weber’s arbitration case with the Predators last summer as evidence that this situation can be overcome.
“I think as soon as we got out of the courtroom and went for dinner, the hard feelings were all gone,” Bousquet said.
Bousquet also said that he warned the Predators that there was an offer sheet coming with the Flyers to give Nashville a chance to trade him first. However, that obviously didn’t work out.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)