Jul 19, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
It seems reasonable to assume that Weber wouldn’t have agreed to that deal unless he wanted to play for the Flyers, so it’s not surprising that Bousquet was asked about the possibility of the Nashville Predators retaining his client by matching the offer.
“I don’t think you sign an offer sheet unless your pointing in that one direction,” Bousquet said. He added that it’s really up to the Predators, but “he’d like to play with the Philadelphia Flyers.”
According to his agent, Weber doesn’t want to go through another rebuilding process. When asked if Weber would be in this position had Ryan Suter re-signed with the Predators, Bousquet speculated that things would be different.
It sounds like it could get fairly awkward if Nashville decides to match the Philadelphia Flyers offer, but Bousquet thinks the hard feeling can be overcome in that event.
Bousquet said everyone’s professional in Nashville and he even cited Weber’s arbitration case with the Predators last summer as evidence that this situation can be overcome.
“I think as soon as we got out of the courtroom and went for dinner, the hard feelings were all gone,” Bousquet said.
Bousquet also said that he warned the Predators that there was an offer sheet coming with the Flyers to give Nashville a chance to trade him first. However, that obviously didn’t work out.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 13
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)