Jul 18, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have signed their first-round pick from the 2012 draft, Mikhail Grigorenko, to a three-year, entry-level contract, the club announced today.
Once considered a potential first overall pick, Grigorenko was selected 12th overall by the Sabres after falling down the draft rankings as the 2011-12 season progressed.
Grigorenko, a center, is expected to challenge for a spot on Buffalo’s 2012-13 roster.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 16
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 52
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)