Jul 18, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have signed their first-round pick from the 2012 draft, Mikhail Grigorenko, to a three-year, entry-level contract, the club announced today.
Once considered a potential first overall pick, Grigorenko was selected 12th overall by the Sabres after falling down the draft rankings as the 2011-12 season progressed.
Grigorenko, a center, is expected to challenge for a spot on Buffalo’s 2012-13 roster.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51