Jul 18, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Welcome to the start of our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From now until Aug. 14 we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, we continue with the St. Louis Blues.
After missing the playoffs in all but one post-lockout season, the Blues responded to the early hire of Ken Hitchcock to win the Central Division. They collected 109 standings points (49-22-11) but were ultimately swept by the Los Angeles Kings in the second round.
The Blues’ biggest offseason move might just be re-signing Chris Stewart after a disappointing season. For the most part, GM Doug Armstrong seems content to nurture the team’s promising young players rather than loading up on free agents.
Can the Blues build on a breakthrough season? Stick around PHT today for more on that and other questions.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5