Jul 18, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Welcome to the start of our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From now until Aug. 14 we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, we continue with the St. Louis Blues.
After missing the playoffs in all but one post-lockout season, the Blues responded to the early hire of Ken Hitchcock to win the Central Division. They collected 109 standings points (49-22-11) but were ultimately swept by the Los Angeles Kings in the second round.
The Blues’ biggest offseason move might just be re-signing Chris Stewart after a disappointing season. For the most part, GM Doug Armstrong seems content to nurture the team’s promising young players rather than loading up on free agents.
Can the Blues build on a breakthrough season? Stick around PHT today for more on that and other questions.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12