Jul 18, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
Almost every team would love to have Shane Doan, but as Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported, Doan is still interested in re-signing with the Phoenix Coyotes.
“We are still hoping this thing in Phoenix is going to work out,” Doan’s agent, Terry Bross said.
It’s believed that Doan has been waiting to get a better idea of how the Coyotes’ ongoing efforts to get an owner will play out. Coyotes GM Don Maloney said that he still engages in “regular communication” with the Doan camp, but it “may be weeks” until a contract gets signed.
Still, based on the information Yohe got from Bross, it does seem like the process is moving forward.
“We plan to narrow it to 4-6 teams by the weekend,” Bross said.
The Pittsburgh Penguins are on the long list of teams that would like to add Doan, but Bross said it “would be premature to say Pittsburgh is definitely a possibility.”
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)