Jul 18, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
Almost every team would love to have Shane Doan, but as Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported, Doan is still interested in re-signing with the Phoenix Coyotes.
“We are still hoping this thing in Phoenix is going to work out,” Doan’s agent, Terry Bross said.
It’s believed that Doan has been waiting to get a better idea of how the Coyotes’ ongoing efforts to get an owner will play out. Coyotes GM Don Maloney said that he still engages in “regular communication” with the Doan camp, but it “may be weeks” until a contract gets signed.
Still, based on the information Yohe got from Bross, it does seem like the process is moving forward.
“We plan to narrow it to 4-6 teams by the weekend,” Bross said.
The Pittsburgh Penguins are on the long list of teams that would like to add Doan, but Bross said it “would be premature to say Pittsburgh is definitely a possibility.”
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)