Jul 18, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
Almost every team would love to have Shane Doan, but as Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported, Doan is still interested in re-signing with the Phoenix Coyotes.
“We are still hoping this thing in Phoenix is going to work out,” Doan’s agent, Terry Bross said.
It’s believed that Doan has been waiting to get a better idea of how the Coyotes’ ongoing efforts to get an owner will play out. Coyotes GM Don Maloney said that he still engages in “regular communication” with the Doan camp, but it “may be weeks” until a contract gets signed.
Still, based on the information Yohe got from Bross, it does seem like the process is moving forward.
“We plan to narrow it to 4-6 teams by the weekend,” Bross said.
The Pittsburgh Penguins are on the long list of teams that would like to add Doan, but Bross said it “would be premature to say Pittsburgh is definitely a possibility.”
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 7
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31