Jul 18, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
Almost every team would love to have Shane Doan, but as Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported, Doan is still interested in re-signing with the Phoenix Coyotes.
“We are still hoping this thing in Phoenix is going to work out,” Doan’s agent, Terry Bross said.
It’s believed that Doan has been waiting to get a better idea of how the Coyotes’ ongoing efforts to get an owner will play out. Coyotes GM Don Maloney said that he still engages in “regular communication” with the Doan camp, but it “may be weeks” until a contract gets signed.
Still, based on the information Yohe got from Bross, it does seem like the process is moving forward.
“We plan to narrow it to 4-6 teams by the weekend,” Bross said.
The Pittsburgh Penguins are on the long list of teams that would like to add Doan, but Bross said it “would be premature to say Pittsburgh is definitely a possibility.”
- Report: Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 4
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 9
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 2
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 23
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)