Jul 18, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
Almost every team would love to have Shane Doan, but as Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported, Doan is still interested in re-signing with the Phoenix Coyotes.
“We are still hoping this thing in Phoenix is going to work out,” Doan’s agent, Terry Bross said.
It’s believed that Doan has been waiting to get a better idea of how the Coyotes’ ongoing efforts to get an owner will play out. Coyotes GM Don Maloney said that he still engages in “regular communication” with the Doan camp, but it “may be weeks” until a contract gets signed.
Still, based on the information Yohe got from Bross, it does seem like the process is moving forward.
“We plan to narrow it to 4-6 teams by the weekend,” Bross said.
The Pittsburgh Penguins are on the long list of teams that would like to add Doan, but Bross said it “would be premature to say Pittsburgh is definitely a possibility.”
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)