Jul 17, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
“He’s what they need, they won’t do anything else (other than take care of RFAs),” tweets St. James.
It’s not known how long the Wings will be forced to wait on Doan, whose agent says there’s no timeline for his client to sign with a team.
One NHL GM is “90 percent sure” Doan will remain in Phoenix.
Which begs the question, if Doan re-signs with the Coyotes, will the Red Wings look at Alex Semin? Doan and Semin are far from the same player, but the list of free-agent forwards that can put the puck in the net is a slim one.
It’s also tempting to think what Semin could do skating with Pavel Datsyuk.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 0
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)