Jul 17, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
We’re hesitant to even post this, since there’s really nothing new to report when it comes to the Nashville Predators’ attempts to re-sign captain Shea Weber to a long-term contract.
The only thing GM David Poile would say is he met with Weber’s representatives Monday.
“It’s ongoing and hopefully we’ll talk later in the week,” Poile told The Tennessean. “I would say (we discussed) everything about the Predators, where we are and where we’re going and what part Shea has with that.”
If Weber isn’t willing to commit long-term, the majority opinion is Poile will be forced to trade the 26-year-old defenseman. After watching Ryan Suter walk away for nothing, it would be devastating for Weber to do the same next summer when he can become an unrestricted free agent (assuming the new CBA allows it).
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)