Jul 17, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
We’re hesitant to even post this, since there’s really nothing new to report when it comes to the Nashville Predators’ attempts to re-sign captain Shea Weber to a long-term contract.
The only thing GM David Poile would say is he met with Weber’s representatives Monday.
“It’s ongoing and hopefully we’ll talk later in the week,” Poile told The Tennessean. “I would say (we discussed) everything about the Predators, where we are and where we’re going and what part Shea has with that.”
If Weber isn’t willing to commit long-term, the majority opinion is Poile will be forced to trade the 26-year-old defenseman. After watching Ryan Suter walk away for nothing, it would be devastating for Weber to do the same next summer when he can become an unrestricted free agent (assuming the new CBA allows it).
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)