Jul 17, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
We’re hesitant to even post this, since there’s really nothing new to report when it comes to the Nashville Predators’ attempts to re-sign captain Shea Weber to a long-term contract.
The only thing GM David Poile would say is he met with Weber’s representatives Monday.
“It’s ongoing and hopefully we’ll talk later in the week,” Poile told The Tennessean. “I would say (we discussed) everything about the Predators, where we are and where we’re going and what part Shea has with that.”
If Weber isn’t willing to commit long-term, the majority opinion is Poile will be forced to trade the 26-year-old defenseman. After watching Ryan Suter walk away for nothing, it would be devastating for Weber to do the same next summer when he can become an unrestricted free agent (assuming the new CBA allows it).
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 0
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 3
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 45
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 81
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1