Jul 17, 2012, 1:47 PM EST
We’re hesitant to even post this, since there’s really nothing new to report when it comes to the Nashville Predators’ attempts to re-sign captain Shea Weber to a long-term contract.
The only thing GM David Poile would say is he met with Weber’s representatives Monday.
“It’s ongoing and hopefully we’ll talk later in the week,” Poile told The Tennessean. “I would say (we discussed) everything about the Predators, where we are and where we’re going and what part Shea has with that.”
If Weber isn’t willing to commit long-term, the majority opinion is Poile will be forced to trade the 26-year-old defenseman. After watching Ryan Suter walk away for nothing, it would be devastating for Weber to do the same next summer when he can become an unrestricted free agent (assuming the new CBA allows it).
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 150
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)