Jul 17, 2012, 11:08 AM EDT
More from Custance:
Phoenix is the only franchise Doan has ever played for. He is the captain of a team he helps overachieve every single season despite all the uncertainties in ownership. Outside of hockey, he’s invested in the area with a stake in Ice Barns, a stable that allows people to share ownership of horses, like a timeshare.
Doan’s NetJets-for-horses business aside, the 35-year-old winger has never been shy about saying he wants to stay put. The only reason he’s considered leaving is the Coyotes’ tenuous ownership situation. However, it’s looking more and more like they’ll be staying in Glendale.
Oh, and an NHL GM also tells Custance that Alex Semin hasn’t been signed because the 28-year-old Russian “wants too much money.”
While that may indeed be the biggest factor, it may also be Semin is Plan B after Doan for teams in search of a scoring forward.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)