Jul 16, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
More transactions to pass along…
St. Louis signs Porter
Porter, 28, spent the last five years with the St. Louis organization, splitting his time between the Blues and AHL Peoria. Last season he posted career-highs in games played (47) and goals (four) while averaging over 10 minutes a night.
According to the Chronicle-Journal (Thunder Bay), Porter had received interest from a number of NHL clubs including Winnipeg, Phoenix and Pittsburgh.
Financial terms of his deal were not released; on his last deal with the Blues, he made $600,000 at the NHL level.
Senators acquire Lawson
Ottawa added more organizational depth in goal on Monday, signing Nathan Lawson to a one-year, two-way deal.
Lawson, 28, spent all of last year with Montreal’s AHL affiliate in Hamilton, posting a 19-17-4 with a 2.57 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage while recording five shutouts.
His lone stint in the NHL came with the Islanders during 2010-11, when he appeared in 10 games (1-4-2, .893 save percentage, 4.06 GAA.)
- Video: Drouin scores first NHL goal, shows early chemistry with Stamkos 1
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 11
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 17
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)