Jul 16, 2012, 1:46 PM EST
More transactions to pass along…
St. Louis signs Porter
Porter, 28, spent the last five years with the St. Louis organization, splitting his time between the Blues and AHL Peoria. Last season he posted career-highs in games played (47) and goals (four) while averaging over 10 minutes a night.
According to the Chronicle-Journal (Thunder Bay), Porter had received interest from a number of NHL clubs including Winnipeg, Phoenix and Pittsburgh.
Financial terms of his deal were not released; on his last deal with the Blues, he made $600,000 at the NHL level.
Senators acquire Lawson
Ottawa added more organizational depth in goal on Monday, signing Nathan Lawson to a one-year, two-way deal.
Lawson, 28, spent all of last year with Montreal’s AHL affiliate in Hamilton, posting a 19-17-4 with a 2.57 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage while recording five shutouts.
His lone stint in the NHL came with the Islanders during 2010-11, when he appeared in 10 games (1-4-2, .893 save percentage, 4.06 GAA.)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 32
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)