Jul 16, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
More transactions to pass along…
St. Louis signs Porter
Porter, 28, spent the last five years with the St. Louis organization, splitting his time between the Blues and AHL Peoria. Last season he posted career-highs in games played (47) and goals (four) while averaging over 10 minutes a night.
According to the Chronicle-Journal (Thunder Bay), Porter had received interest from a number of NHL clubs including Winnipeg, Phoenix and Pittsburgh.
Financial terms of his deal were not released; on his last deal with the Blues, he made $600,000 at the NHL level.
Senators acquire Lawson
Ottawa added more organizational depth in goal on Monday, signing Nathan Lawson to a one-year, two-way deal.
Lawson, 28, spent all of last year with Montreal’s AHL affiliate in Hamilton, posting a 19-17-4 with a 2.57 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage while recording five shutouts.
His lone stint in the NHL came with the Islanders during 2010-11, when he appeared in 10 games (1-4-2, .893 save percentage, 4.06 GAA.)
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 22
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 72
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (73)