Jul 16, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
More transactions to pass along…
St. Louis signs Porter
Porter, 28, spent the last five years with the St. Louis organization, splitting his time between the Blues and AHL Peoria. Last season he posted career-highs in games played (47) and goals (four) while averaging over 10 minutes a night.
According to the Chronicle-Journal (Thunder Bay), Porter had received interest from a number of NHL clubs including Winnipeg, Phoenix and Pittsburgh.
Financial terms of his deal were not released; on his last deal with the Blues, he made $600,000 at the NHL level.
Senators acquire Lawson
Ottawa added more organizational depth in goal on Monday, signing Nathan Lawson to a one-year, two-way deal.
Lawson, 28, spent all of last year with Montreal’s AHL affiliate in Hamilton, posting a 19-17-4 with a 2.57 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage while recording five shutouts.
His lone stint in the NHL came with the Islanders during 2010-11, when he appeared in 10 games (1-4-2, .893 save percentage, 4.06 GAA.)
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 20
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)