Jul 16, 2012, 1:46 PM EST
More transactions to pass along…
St. Louis signs Porter
Porter, 28, spent the last five years with the St. Louis organization, splitting his time between the Blues and AHL Peoria. Last season he posted career-highs in games played (47) and goals (four) while averaging over 10 minutes a night.
According to the Chronicle-Journal (Thunder Bay), Porter had received interest from a number of NHL clubs including Winnipeg, Phoenix and Pittsburgh.
Financial terms of his deal were not released; on his last deal with the Blues, he made $600,000 at the NHL level.
Senators acquire Lawson
Ottawa added more organizational depth in goal on Monday, signing Nathan Lawson to a one-year, two-way deal.
Lawson, 28, spent all of last year with Montreal’s AHL affiliate in Hamilton, posting a 19-17-4 with a 2.57 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage while recording five shutouts.
His lone stint in the NHL came with the Islanders during 2010-11, when he appeared in 10 games (1-4-2, .893 save percentage, 4.06 GAA.)
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 16
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)