Jul 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Welcome to the start of our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From now until Aug. 14 we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There’ll also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, we begin with one of the most storied franchises in hockey history, the Montreal Canadiens.
Les Habitants are coming off a disappointing campaign that saw them finish with 78 points — their lowest total since the lockout — and a last-place finish in the Eastern Conference.
Following the season, sweeping changes were made. Marc Bergevin became the 17th GM in club history and he proceeded to overhaul both the coaching staff — most notably by hiring head coach Michel Therrien — and the front office.
So, what does the future have in store for the Canadiens? Stick around PHT today to find out.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)