Jul 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Welcome to the start of our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From now until Aug. 14 we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There’ll also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, we begin with one of the most storied franchises in hockey history, the Montreal Canadiens.
Les Habitants are coming off a disappointing campaign that saw them finish with 78 points — their lowest total since the lockout — and a last-place finish in the Eastern Conference.
Following the season, sweeping changes were made. Marc Bergevin became the 17th GM in club history and he proceeded to overhaul both the coaching staff — most notably by hiring head coach Michel Therrien — and the front office.
So, what does the future have in store for the Canadiens? Stick around PHT today to find out.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55