Jul 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Welcome to the start of our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From now until Aug. 14 we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There’ll also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, we begin with one of the most storied franchises in hockey history, the Montreal Canadiens.
Les Habitants are coming off a disappointing campaign that saw them finish with 78 points — their lowest total since the lockout — and a last-place finish in the Eastern Conference.
Following the season, sweeping changes were made. Marc Bergevin became the 17th GM in club history and he proceeded to overhaul both the coaching staff — most notably by hiring head coach Michel Therrien — and the front office.
So, what does the future have in store for the Canadiens? Stick around PHT today to find out.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 45
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 74
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63