Jul 16, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
Matias Strozyk of Jatkoaika — a Finnish hockey news site — reports Pavelec has been sentenced to six months of conditional probation and banned from driving for 20 months after a DUI arrest in May.
“Pavelec crashed his BMW M6 into a car that had stopped on a one-way street on the morning of May 26th,” Strozyk tweeted. “BAL [blood alcohol level] of 0.20. About 5k [$5,000] of USD damage.”
According to Mitch Rosset of Global News Winnipeg, the Jets are not commenting on the report.
The Winnipeg Sun has picked up the story and is “investigating the claims.” It should be noted that reports out of the Czech Republic have not been confirmed.
Pavelec, 24, recently signed a five-year, $19.5 million extension with the Jets.
Update: From Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy, here is Winnipeg GM Kevin Cheveldayhoff’s statement regarding Pavelec.
“At this time True North Sports & Entertainment and the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club are aware of various, yet still inconsistent, internet reports pertaining to Ondrej Pavelec. We, as an organization, are attempting to gather more information and until such time as we are comfortable and have a full understanding of the situation, we will not be issuing any further comment.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)