Jul 16, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
Matias Strozyk of Jatkoaika — a Finnish hockey news site — reports Pavelec has been sentenced to six months of conditional probation and banned from driving for 20 months after a DUI arrest in May.
“Pavelec crashed his BMW M6 into a car that had stopped on a one-way street on the morning of May 26th,” Strozyk tweeted. “BAL [blood alcohol level] of 0.20. About 5k [$5,000] of USD damage.”
According to Mitch Rosset of Global News Winnipeg, the Jets are not commenting on the report.
The Winnipeg Sun has picked up the story and is “investigating the claims.” It should be noted that reports out of the Czech Republic have not been confirmed.
Pavelec, 24, recently signed a five-year, $19.5 million extension with the Jets.
Update: From Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy, here is Winnipeg GM Kevin Cheveldayhoff’s statement regarding Pavelec.
“At this time True North Sports & Entertainment and the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club are aware of various, yet still inconsistent, internet reports pertaining to Ondrej Pavelec. We, as an organization, are attempting to gather more information and until such time as we are comfortable and have a full understanding of the situation, we will not be issuing any further comment.”
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)