Jul 15, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Zach Parise is a Minnesota Twins fan and on Sunday, he got to throw out the first pitch in celebration of him becoming one of the newest members of the Minnesota Wild.
As we previously reported, Twins star Joe Mauer and manager Ron Gardenhire participated in the recruitment video sent to Parise.
“That was the kicker, I think,” Parise said of Gardenhire and Mauer’s efforts. He added that Gardenhire made good on his promise to give Parise $5 if he signed with the Wild. Gardenhire also offered Parise “about 18,000 rounds of batting practice.”
You can watch the interview and Parise throwing the first pitch below:
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22