Jul 15, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Zach Parise is a Minnesota Twins fan and on Sunday, he got to throw out the first pitch in celebration of him becoming one of the newest members of the Minnesota Wild.
As we previously reported, Twins star Joe Mauer and manager Ron Gardenhire participated in the recruitment video sent to Parise.
“That was the kicker, I think,” Parise said of Gardenhire and Mauer’s efforts. He added that Gardenhire made good on his promise to give Parise $5 if he signed with the Wild. Gardenhire also offered Parise “about 18,000 rounds of batting practice.”
You can watch the interview and Parise throwing the first pitch below:
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 4
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 11
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13