Jul 15, 2012, 10:20 AM EDT
Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com hears from McPhee about the process of getting two of the team’s key blue liners back in the fold and says today is a soft deadline to get it done.
“I think we had healthy discussions with both players and there are deals to be made there. I don’t expect [Sunday] to be a big day. It’s something that will get done sooner than later. They will be deals they can live with and we can live with.”
Green and Carlson, along with next season’s big restricted free agent Karl Alzner, make up the key trio on the Caps defense. Those three are young, super talented, and in Carlson and Alzner’s case, a top-flight pairing. With the salary cap up over $70 million, getting all three taken care of shouldn’t be an issue for Washington.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5