Jul 15, 2012, 4:34 PM EST
The Blues saw their playoff run interrupted thanks to an injury to stud defenseman Alex Pietrangelo. While he missed just one game of the Western Conference semifinals against Los Angeles, a knee sprain was enough to make him not quite as strong as Blues fans had gotten accustomed to.
Pietrangelo tells Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch he’s feeling better about his knee than ever.
“It took about two or three weeks, staying off lateral stuff and all that,” Pietrangelo said. “But to be honest with you, it felt strong the whole time as soon as I stopped skating. It feels fine now. I don’t have any issues with it. I think it progressed better than I thought it would.”
That’s good news for the Blues as Pietrangelo was a breakout star last season helping to solidify a Blues defensive corps that needed a big player. He was a guy many thought could’ve been a Norris Trophy finalist this past season and may get his opportunity to do that having a healthy knee once again.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 56
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (79)