Jul 15, 2012, 4:34 PM EST
The Blues saw their playoff run interrupted thanks to an injury to stud defenseman Alex Pietrangelo. While he missed just one game of the Western Conference semifinals against Los Angeles, a knee sprain was enough to make him not quite as strong as Blues fans had gotten accustomed to.
Pietrangelo tells Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch he’s feeling better about his knee than ever.
“It took about two or three weeks, staying off lateral stuff and all that,” Pietrangelo said. “But to be honest with you, it felt strong the whole time as soon as I stopped skating. It feels fine now. I don’t have any issues with it. I think it progressed better than I thought it would.”
That’s good news for the Blues as Pietrangelo was a breakout star last season helping to solidify a Blues defensive corps that needed a big player. He was a guy many thought could’ve been a Norris Trophy finalist this past season and may get his opportunity to do that having a healthy knee once again.
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 12
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 26
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (121)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)