Jul 14, 2012, 8:30 AM EST
However it happened, the world found out about the NHL owners’ rather brash first CBA proposal. One can debate how serious it really is – negotiations often open with offers so bold they border on humor fiction – but Twitter reactions were worth the lockout worries and everything that came with it. Here’s a survey of some of the most interesting stuff.
Michael Russo captured many of our thoughts about how the “cordial” descriptions of the meetings might be a bit of a smokescreen – or at least a thing of the past – now that this information is out there.
Seth Rorabaugh of Empty Netters laughed off the owners’ goal to drop the players’ revenue split from 57 to 46 percent.
Leave it to Stephen Whyno – a guy with a cute dog as his avatar – to drop a Scooby Doo in his reaction.
Speaking of animals, Chris Kuc is a sad panda.
There’s pandas and then there’s Santa, whose mystical arrival might just come when hockey season might start, if you ask Dave Stubbs.
Bruce Arthur’s doom and gloom bothers me more than other peoples’ doom and gloom, for some reason.
Jeff Marek isn’t getting too worked up, though.
Adam Proteau got a little superstitious, with the news breaking on July 13 and all.
You probably won’t hear much from players since Donald Fehr likely told them to keep quiet, but perhaps we’ll hear from minor league/NHL “tweeners” such as Mike McKenna. We’ll leave you with his interesting perspective.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 22
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 68
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (68)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)