Jul 14, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
However it happened, the world found out about the NHL owners’ rather brash first CBA proposal. One can debate how serious it really is – negotiations often open with offers so bold they border on humor fiction – but Twitter reactions were worth the lockout worries and everything that came with it. Here’s a survey of some of the most interesting stuff.
Michael Russo captured many of our thoughts about how the “cordial” descriptions of the meetings might be a bit of a smokescreen – or at least a thing of the past – now that this information is out there.
Seth Rorabaugh of Empty Netters laughed off the owners’ goal to drop the players’ revenue split from 57 to 46 percent.
Leave it to Stephen Whyno – a guy with a cute dog as his avatar – to drop a Scooby Doo in his reaction.
Speaking of animals, Chris Kuc is a sad panda.
There’s pandas and then there’s Santa, whose mystical arrival might just come when hockey season might start, if you ask Dave Stubbs.
Bruce Arthur’s doom and gloom bothers me more than other peoples’ doom and gloom, for some reason.
Jeff Marek isn’t getting too worked up, though.
Adam Proteau got a little superstitious, with the news breaking on July 13 and all.
You probably won’t hear much from players since Donald Fehr likely told them to keep quiet, but perhaps we’ll hear from minor league/NHL “tweeners” such as Mike McKenna. We’ll leave you with his interesting perspective.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)