Jul 14, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
However it happened, the world found out about the NHL owners’ rather brash first CBA proposal. One can debate how serious it really is – negotiations often open with offers so bold they border on humor fiction – but Twitter reactions were worth the lockout worries and everything that came with it. Here’s a survey of some of the most interesting stuff.
Michael Russo captured many of our thoughts about how the “cordial” descriptions of the meetings might be a bit of a smokescreen – or at least a thing of the past – now that this information is out there.
Seth Rorabaugh of Empty Netters laughed off the owners’ goal to drop the players’ revenue split from 57 to 46 percent.
Leave it to Stephen Whyno – a guy with a cute dog as his avatar – to drop a Scooby Doo in his reaction.
Speaking of animals, Chris Kuc is a sad panda.
There’s pandas and then there’s Santa, whose mystical arrival might just come when hockey season might start, if you ask Dave Stubbs.
Bruce Arthur’s doom and gloom bothers me more than other peoples’ doom and gloom, for some reason.
Jeff Marek isn’t getting too worked up, though.
Adam Proteau got a little superstitious, with the news breaking on July 13 and all.
You probably won’t hear much from players since Donald Fehr likely told them to keep quiet, but perhaps we’ll hear from minor league/NHL “tweeners” such as Mike McKenna. We’ll leave you with his interesting perspective.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 8
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 40
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)