Jul 14, 2012, 8:30 AM EST
However it happened, the world found out about the NHL owners’ rather brash first CBA proposal. One can debate how serious it really is – negotiations often open with offers so bold they border on humor fiction – but Twitter reactions were worth the lockout worries and everything that came with it. Here’s a survey of some of the most interesting stuff.
Michael Russo captured many of our thoughts about how the “cordial” descriptions of the meetings might be a bit of a smokescreen – or at least a thing of the past – now that this information is out there.
Seth Rorabaugh of Empty Netters laughed off the owners’ goal to drop the players’ revenue split from 57 to 46 percent.
Leave it to Stephen Whyno – a guy with a cute dog as his avatar – to drop a Scooby Doo in his reaction.
Speaking of animals, Chris Kuc is a sad panda.
There’s pandas and then there’s Santa, whose mystical arrival might just come when hockey season might start, if you ask Dave Stubbs.
Bruce Arthur’s doom and gloom bothers me more than other peoples’ doom and gloom, for some reason.
Jeff Marek isn’t getting too worked up, though.
Adam Proteau got a little superstitious, with the news breaking on July 13 and all.
You probably won’t hear much from players since Donald Fehr likely told them to keep quiet, but perhaps we’ll hear from minor league/NHL “tweeners” such as Mike McKenna. We’ll leave you with his interesting perspective.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)