Jul 14, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
Table chatter is common during poker games – even the World Series of Poker – but apparently Roberto Luongo wasn’t hiding everyone during his fourth (and final) day in the event. Shortly before being eliminated, Bluff Magazine caught an interesting interchange between Luongo and Kamran Siddiqui where Luongo made a far-from-sly reference about the possibility of his return to the Florida Panthers.
“You played for my hometown team,” said Siddiqui, who is from Miami.
“Who’s that?” asked Luongo.
“The Florida Panthers,” answered Siddiqui.
“Oh yeah, I might be going back there,” said Luongo, while smiling.
“Yeah?” asked Siddiqui.
“Might be,” replied Luongo.
That’s far from groundbreaking stuff, but it’s interesting to hear it come from Luongo himself. We’ll see if his mild prediction will come true soon enough.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (92)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)