Jul 14, 2012, 10:51 PM EDT
Feel like things have been quiet on the trade front lately? It’s not just you. According to Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago, Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said that the discussions going on between teams are “not as frantic as 10 days ago.”
“We’ve had discussions but a lot of teams are doing camps like we are. Teams across the league are focusing on this,” Bowman said. “This is an important event for us and we’re dedicating a lot of time on it. There are still discussions, but it’s not like it was probably 10 days ago.”
With the prospects camps coming to a close, the focus will probably shift back to the trade market.
Chicago in particular might be in on the talks for Luongo, although Bowman hasn’t tipped his hand in the past and that’s not likely to change.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 1
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6