Jul 14, 2012, 10:51 PM EDT
Feel like things have been quiet on the trade front lately? It’s not just you. According to Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago, Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said that the discussions going on between teams are “not as frantic as 10 days ago.”
“We’ve had discussions but a lot of teams are doing camps like we are. Teams across the league are focusing on this,” Bowman said. “This is an important event for us and we’re dedicating a lot of time on it. There are still discussions, but it’s not like it was probably 10 days ago.”
With the prospects camps coming to a close, the focus will probably shift back to the trade market.
Chicago in particular might be in on the talks for Luongo, although Bowman hasn’t tipped his hand in the past and that’s not likely to change.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 8
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39