Jul 13, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
An Eastern Conference team has presented Coyotes captain Shane Doan with a four-year, $30 million-plus contract offer, John Gambadoro of Sports 620 KTAR Phoenix is reporting by way of an NHL source.
Gambadoro is the same guy who first reported Steve Nash had been traded to the Lakers, if you’re wondering about legitimacy.
If the report is accurate and Doan accepts, his cap hit will be $7.5 million. And given he’s 35 years old, that cap hit will be there all four years, even if Doan retires before the contract expires.
Of course, Doan hasn’t accepted any offer yet, and he’s always said his first preference is to stay in Phoenix. And if he has to move, it’s been reported he wants to stay in the Western Conference to be close to his family.
But damn…for $30 million, he can get a new family.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 34
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)