Jul 13, 2012, 2:45 PM EST
An Eastern Conference team has presented Coyotes captain Shane Doan with a four-year, $30 million-plus contract offer, John Gambadoro of Sports 620 KTAR Phoenix is reporting by way of an NHL source.
Gambadoro is the same guy who first reported Steve Nash had been traded to the Lakers, if you’re wondering about legitimacy.
If the report is accurate and Doan accepts, his cap hit will be $7.5 million. And given he’s 35 years old, that cap hit will be there all four years, even if Doan retires before the contract expires.
Of course, Doan hasn’t accepted any offer yet, and he’s always said his first preference is to stay in Phoenix. And if he has to move, it’s been reported he wants to stay in the Western Conference to be close to his family.
But damn…for $30 million, he can get a new family.
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 5
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 5
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 4
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 20
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 30
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3