Jul 13, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
An Eastern Conference team has presented Coyotes captain Shane Doan with a four-year, $30 million-plus contract offer, John Gambadoro of Sports 620 KTAR Phoenix is reporting by way of an NHL source.
Gambadoro is the same guy who first reported Steve Nash had been traded to the Lakers, if you’re wondering about legitimacy.
If the report is accurate and Doan accepts, his cap hit will be $7.5 million. And given he’s 35 years old, that cap hit will be there all four years, even if Doan retires before the contract expires.
Of course, Doan hasn’t accepted any offer yet, and he’s always said his first preference is to stay in Phoenix. And if he has to move, it’s been reported he wants to stay in the Western Conference to be close to his family.
But damn…for $30 million, he can get a new family.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)