Jul 13, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
The Dispatch has confirmed that [Blue Jackets GM Scott] Howson has inquired with Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi regarding Kings goaltender Jonathan Bernier, who has asked to be traded in the wake of a 10-year contract signed by Jonathan Quick, the Conn Smythe Trophy winner and the Kings’ clear No. 1.
That Columbus expressed interest in Bernier shouldn’t come as a surprise. Yes, Howson already has Steve Mason and Sergei Bobrovsky on the books — but Howson also said after acquiring Bobrovsky that he wanted more NHL-caliber depth in goal.
That proved to be a solid move on the part of Howson. Johnson thoroughly enjoys being a Blue Jacket — the polar opposite of Carter — and said being in Columbus is “great”.
The Blue Jackets also get L.A.’s first-round pick in 2013.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)