Jul 13, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Larsen, 22, is coming off an impressive rookie campaign where he posted career highs in appearances (55), goals (three), assists (eight) and points (11). He averaged just under 18 minutes a night on the Stars blueline and finished sixth on the team in blocked shots.
The Stars did sign journeyman Aaron Rome out of Vancouver, who’ll likely compete with Larsen for a spot in the top four (assuming Alex Goligoski, Trevor Daley and Stephane Robidas are firmly entrenched as the top three.)
Dallas still has an arbitration hearing with RFA rearguard Mark Fistric, and could have 2011 first-round pick Jamie Oleksiak in the mix as well.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 17
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 42
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 91
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL