Jul 13, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
Larsen, 22, is coming off an impressive rookie campaign where he posted career highs in appearances (55), goals (three), assists (eight) and points (11). He averaged just under 18 minutes a night on the Stars blueline and finished sixth on the team in blocked shots.
The Stars did sign journeyman Aaron Rome out of Vancouver, who’ll likely compete with Larsen for a spot in the top four (assuming Alex Goligoski, Trevor Daley and Stephane Robidas are firmly entrenched as the top three.)
Dallas still has an arbitration hearing with RFA rearguard Mark Fistric, and could have 2011 first-round pick Jamie Oleksiak in the mix as well.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52