Jul 13, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
Larsen, 22, is coming off an impressive rookie campaign where he posted career highs in appearances (55), goals (three), assists (eight) and points (11). He averaged just under 18 minutes a night on the Stars blueline and finished sixth on the team in blocked shots.
The Stars did sign journeyman Aaron Rome out of Vancouver, who’ll likely compete with Larsen for a spot in the top four (assuming Alex Goligoski, Trevor Daley and Stephane Robidas are firmly entrenched as the top three.)
Dallas still has an arbitration hearing with RFA rearguard Mark Fistric, and could have 2011 first-round pick Jamie Oleksiak in the mix as well.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 2
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16