Jul 13, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Larsen, 22, is coming off an impressive rookie campaign where he posted career highs in appearances (55), goals (three), assists (eight) and points (11). He averaged just under 18 minutes a night on the Stars blueline and finished sixth on the team in blocked shots.
The Stars did sign journeyman Aaron Rome out of Vancouver, who’ll likely compete with Larsen for a spot in the top four (assuming Alex Goligoski, Trevor Daley and Stephane Robidas are firmly entrenched as the top three.)
Dallas still has an arbitration hearing with RFA rearguard Mark Fistric, and could have 2011 first-round pick Jamie Oleksiak in the mix as well.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1