Jul 13, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks have agreed to terms on an entry level deal with defenseman Hampus Lindholm, the sixth overall selection from the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Eric Stephens of the OC Register reports it’s a three-year deal worth $925,000 at the NHL level ($70,000 at the AHL level.)
Lindholm, 18, appeared in 28 regular season games with Rogle BK of the Swedish second division last year and scored five points in 10 playoff games, helping Rogle gain promotion to the Swedish Elite League for 2012-13.
Anaheim’s decision to take Lindholm at No. 6 caused some minor waves in Pittsburgh. Lindholm was the fourth-ranked European skater by NHL Central Scouting heading into the draft, behind Filip Forsberg, Teuvo Teravainen and Sebastian Colberg — not one of whom was selected before him.
The Ducks also passed on the likes of defensmen Mathew Dumba, Derrick Pouliot, Jacob Trouba and Slater Koekkoek in favor of Lindholm.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)