Jul 12, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
Bachman’s contract is one-way, which means that he will earn that amount even if he gets sent to the minors. That’s a good indication that the Dallas Stars are prepared to go into the 2012-13 season with him as their backup goaltender.
He started the 2011-12 season in the minors, but got called up after Kari Lehtonen suffered a groin injury in late November. It initially looked a great opportunity for Andrew Raycroft, but it was Richard Bachman that ended up serving as the Stars’ goaltender for the bulk of December.
Eventually, the Dallas Stars decided to waive Raycroft so that Bachman could finish the season as Lehtonen’s understudy.
Lehtonen will get the vast majority of the starts when he’s healthy, but Bachman has already demonstrated that he’s capable of stepping up should something happen.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)