Jul 12, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
Bachman’s contract is one-way, which means that he will earn that amount even if he gets sent to the minors. That’s a good indication that the Dallas Stars are prepared to go into the 2012-13 season with him as their backup goaltender.
He started the 2011-12 season in the minors, but got called up after Kari Lehtonen suffered a groin injury in late November. It initially looked a great opportunity for Andrew Raycroft, but it was Richard Bachman that ended up serving as the Stars’ goaltender for the bulk of December.
Eventually, the Dallas Stars decided to waive Raycroft so that Bachman could finish the season as Lehtonen’s understudy.
Lehtonen will get the vast majority of the starts when he’s healthy, but Bachman has already demonstrated that he’s capable of stepping up should something happen.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)