Jul 12, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
Bachman’s contract is one-way, which means that he will earn that amount even if he gets sent to the minors. That’s a good indication that the Dallas Stars are prepared to go into the 2012-13 season with him as their backup goaltender.
He started the 2011-12 season in the minors, but got called up after Kari Lehtonen suffered a groin injury in late November. It initially looked a great opportunity for Andrew Raycroft, but it was Richard Bachman that ended up serving as the Stars’ goaltender for the bulk of December.
Eventually, the Dallas Stars decided to waive Raycroft so that Bachman could finish the season as Lehtonen’s understudy.
Lehtonen will get the vast majority of the starts when he’s healthy, but Bachman has already demonstrated that he’s capable of stepping up should something happen.
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 52
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)