Jul 12, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
Bachman’s contract is one-way, which means that he will earn that amount even if he gets sent to the minors. That’s a good indication that the Dallas Stars are prepared to go into the 2012-13 season with him as their backup goaltender.
He started the 2011-12 season in the minors, but got called up after Kari Lehtonen suffered a groin injury in late November. It initially looked a great opportunity for Andrew Raycroft, but it was Richard Bachman that ended up serving as the Stars’ goaltender for the bulk of December.
Eventually, the Dallas Stars decided to waive Raycroft so that Bachman could finish the season as Lehtonen’s understudy.
Lehtonen will get the vast majority of the starts when he’s healthy, but Bachman has already demonstrated that he’s capable of stepping up should something happen.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)