Jul 12, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
We have a handful of depth and prospects signings to bring to your attention…
— The Anaheim Ducks are reporting that goaltender Frederik Andersen has signed a two-year, entry-level contract. He had an impressive 1.67 GAA and .941 save percentage in 39 Swedish Elite League games last season, but the big question is if he can make a smooth transition to North American hockey.
— Josh McFadden and netminder Michael Houser have agreed to entry-level contracts with the Florida Panthers, according to the team’s website. Houser had a 2.47 GAA and .925 save percentage in 62 games with the OHL London Knights. As a defenseman, McFadden had 15 goals and 41 points in 47 contests with the OHL Sudbury Wolves.
— The Pittsburgh Penguins announced the signings of Carl Sneep and Keven Veilleux to one-year, two-way contracts. Both are eligible to make $525,000 if they can spend the 2012-13 campaign in the NHL. Neither player is likely to make the team out of training camp, but you might see them as injury replacements before the season’s over.
— The Dallas Stars announced that they’ve inked Troy Vance and Brett Ritchie to three-year, entry-level deals. Ritchie and Vance were taken by the Stars in the second and fifth rounds of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft respectively.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)