Jul 12, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
We have a handful of depth and prospects signings to bring to your attention…
– The Anaheim Ducks are reporting that goaltender Frederik Andersen has signed a two-year, entry-level contract. He had an impressive 1.67 GAA and .941 save percentage in 39 Swedish Elite League games last season, but the big question is if he can make a smooth transition to North American hockey.
– Josh McFadden and netminder Michael Houser have agreed to entry-level contracts with the Florida Panthers, according to the team’s website. Houser had a 2.47 GAA and .925 save percentage in 62 games with the OHL London Knights. As a defenseman, McFadden had 15 goals and 41 points in 47 contests with the OHL Sudbury Wolves.
– The Pittsburgh Penguins announced the signings of Carl Sneep and Keven Veilleux to one-year, two-way contracts. Both are eligible to make $525,000 if they can spend the 2012-13 campaign in the NHL. Neither player is likely to make the team out of training camp, but you might see them as injury replacements before the season’s over.
– The Dallas Stars announced that they’ve inked Troy Vance and Brett Ritchie to three-year, entry-level deals. Ritchie and Vance were taken by the Stars in the second and fifth rounds of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft respectively.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)