Jul 12, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
We have a handful of depth and prospects signings to bring to your attention…
— The Anaheim Ducks are reporting that goaltender Frederik Andersen has signed a two-year, entry-level contract. He had an impressive 1.67 GAA and .941 save percentage in 39 Swedish Elite League games last season, but the big question is if he can make a smooth transition to North American hockey.
— Josh McFadden and netminder Michael Houser have agreed to entry-level contracts with the Florida Panthers, according to the team’s website. Houser had a 2.47 GAA and .925 save percentage in 62 games with the OHL London Knights. As a defenseman, McFadden had 15 goals and 41 points in 47 contests with the OHL Sudbury Wolves.
— The Pittsburgh Penguins announced the signings of Carl Sneep and Keven Veilleux to one-year, two-way contracts. Both are eligible to make $525,000 if they can spend the 2012-13 campaign in the NHL. Neither player is likely to make the team out of training camp, but you might see them as injury replacements before the season’s over.
— The Dallas Stars announced that they’ve inked Troy Vance and Brett Ritchie to three-year, entry-level deals. Ritchie and Vance were taken by the Stars in the second and fifth rounds of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft respectively.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 4
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)