Jul 12, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
Davis is also reporting that Buffalo GM Darcy Regier and coach Lindy Ruff met with Hasek to hear the 47-year-old goalie’s sales pitch to return to the NHL. However, the Sabres aren’t interested, so Winter will keep knocking on doors.
Hasek’s last NHL game was on April 16, 2008, when he was with the Detroit Red Wings.
He last played professionally for Spartak Moscow of the KHL in 2010-11.
Frankly, we’re not sure what’s more outrageous – that Hasek wants to make a comeback at age 47, that he wants a team to give him a multi-year deal, or that the Leafs haven’t signed him.
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 1
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 49
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (64)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)