Jul 12, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
Davis is also reporting that Buffalo GM Darcy Regier and coach Lindy Ruff met with Hasek to hear the 47-year-old goalie’s sales pitch to return to the NHL. However, the Sabres aren’t interested, so Winter will keep knocking on doors.
Hasek’s last NHL game was on April 16, 2008, when he was with the Detroit Red Wings.
He last played professionally for Spartak Moscow of the KHL in 2010-11.
Frankly, we’re not sure what’s more outrageous – that Hasek wants to make a comeback at age 47, that he wants a team to give him a multi-year deal, or that the Leafs haven’t signed him.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54