Jul 12, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
Davis is also reporting that Buffalo GM Darcy Regier and coach Lindy Ruff met with Hasek to hear the 47-year-old goalie’s sales pitch to return to the NHL. However, the Sabres aren’t interested, so Winter will keep knocking on doors.
Hasek’s last NHL game was on April 16, 2008, when he was with the Detroit Red Wings.
He last played professionally for Spartak Moscow of the KHL in 2010-11.
Frankly, we’re not sure what’s more outrageous – that Hasek wants to make a comeback at age 47, that he wants a team to give him a multi-year deal, or that the Leafs haven’t signed him.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 0
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 24
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)