Jul 12, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
Davis is also reporting that Buffalo GM Darcy Regier and coach Lindy Ruff met with Hasek to hear the 47-year-old goalie’s sales pitch to return to the NHL. However, the Sabres aren’t interested, so Winter will keep knocking on doors.
Hasek’s last NHL game was on April 16, 2008, when he was with the Detroit Red Wings.
He last played professionally for Spartak Moscow of the KHL in 2010-11.
Frankly, we’re not sure what’s more outrageous – that Hasek wants to make a comeback at age 47, that he wants a team to give him a multi-year deal, or that the Leafs haven’t signed him.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)