Jul 12, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell wants a contract extension, and he doesn’t want to wait until the last minute to get one.
“Scott would welcome coming back; he loves it in Philadelphia,” his agent, Matt Oates, told CSNPhilly.com. “But we haven’t had any contact with the Flyers just yet.”
The 30-year-old power forward scored a career-high 37 goals in 2011-12 and has one season left on a six-year, $25.2 million deal.
A source told CSNPhilly.com the Flyers are likely to open up contract talks with Hartnell shortly; however, it’s possible the club will want to hold off signing anything until a new CBA is agreed upon.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)