Jul 12, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell wants a contract extension, and he doesn’t want to wait until the last minute to get one.
“Scott would welcome coming back; he loves it in Philadelphia,” his agent, Matt Oates, told CSNPhilly.com. “But we haven’t had any contact with the Flyers just yet.”
The 30-year-old power forward scored a career-high 37 goals in 2011-12 and has one season left on a six-year, $25.2 million deal.
A source told CSNPhilly.com the Flyers are likely to open up contract talks with Hartnell shortly; however, it’s possible the club will want to hold off signing anything until a new CBA is agreed upon.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)