Jul 12, 2012, 4:42 PM EST
Scott Hartnell wants a contract extension, and he doesn’t want to wait until the last minute to get one.
“Scott would welcome coming back; he loves it in Philadelphia,” his agent, Matt Oates, told CSNPhilly.com. “But we haven’t had any contact with the Flyers just yet.”
The 30-year-old power forward scored a career-high 37 goals in 2011-12 and has one season left on a six-year, $25.2 million deal.
A source told CSNPhilly.com the Flyers are likely to open up contract talks with Hartnell shortly; however, it’s possible the club will want to hold off signing anything until a new CBA is agreed upon.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)