Jul 12, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell wants a contract extension, and he doesn’t want to wait until the last minute to get one.
“Scott would welcome coming back; he loves it in Philadelphia,” his agent, Matt Oates, told CSNPhilly.com. “But we haven’t had any contact with the Flyers just yet.”
The 30-year-old power forward scored a career-high 37 goals in 2011-12 and has one season left on a six-year, $25.2 million deal.
A source told CSNPhilly.com the Flyers are likely to open up contract talks with Hartnell shortly; however, it’s possible the club will want to hold off signing anything until a new CBA is agreed upon.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)