Jul 12, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
Detroit Red Wings forward Mikael Samuelsson recently conducted an interview with Swedish website Hockeysverige.se that touched on a number of subjects, including the infamous Alex Burrows-Patrice Bergeron finger biting incident from the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Samuelsson — an outspoken figure that told the Swedish Olympic team to “go [expletive] themselves” after snubbing him for the 2010 games — wasn’t exactly enthralled with his former teammate’s actions.
(Note: Google translate ahead)
“It was perhaps not altogether successfully for Burrows to bit Patrice Bergeron in the finger during the first game. After Boston was really pissed off. You could say that it was the wrong team to anger.
“They play the very physical and I can probably think it would have been better to let the bear to sleep, if you know what I mean.”
This wasn’t the only, ahem, opinion Samuelsson held on the Canucks organization. He also said he “had no high opinion” of Vancouver’s management and that it might have been good to be traded to Florida.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 24
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)