Jul 12, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
Detroit Red Wings forward Mikael Samuelsson recently conducted an interview with Swedish website Hockeysverige.se that touched on a number of subjects, including the infamous Alex Burrows-Patrice Bergeron finger biting incident from the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Samuelsson — an outspoken figure that told the Swedish Olympic team to “go [expletive] themselves” after snubbing him for the 2010 games — wasn’t exactly enthralled with his former teammate’s actions.
(Note: Google translate ahead)
“It was perhaps not altogether successfully for Burrows to bit Patrice Bergeron in the finger during the first game. After Boston was really pissed off. You could say that it was the wrong team to anger.
“They play the very physical and I can probably think it would have been better to let the bear to sleep, if you know what I mean.”
This wasn’t the only, ahem, opinion Samuelsson held on the Canucks organization. He also said he “had no high opinion” of Vancouver’s management and that it might have been good to be traded to Florida.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)