Jul 12, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Detroit Red Wings forward Mikael Samuelsson recently conducted an interview with Swedish website Hockeysverige.se that touched on a number of subjects, including the infamous Alex Burrows–Patrice Bergeron finger biting incident from the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Samuelsson — an outspoken figure that told the Swedish Olympic team to “go [expletive] themselves” after snubbing him for the 2010 games — wasn’t exactly enthralled with his former teammate’s actions.
(Note: Google translate ahead)
“It was perhaps not altogether successfully for Burrows to bit Patrice Bergeron in the finger during the first game. After Boston was really pissed off. You could say that it was the wrong team to anger.
“They play the very physical and I can probably think it would have been better to let the bear to sleep, if you know what I mean.”
This wasn’t the only, ahem, opinion Samuelsson held on the Canucks organization. He also said he “had no high opinion” of Vancouver’s management and that it might have been good to be traded to Florida.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 39
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)