Jul 12, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
Detroit Red Wings forward Mikael Samuelsson recently conducted an interview with Swedish website Hockeysverige.se that touched on a number of subjects, including the infamous Alex Burrows-Patrice Bergeron finger biting incident from the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Samuelsson — an outspoken figure that told the Swedish Olympic team to “go [expletive] themselves” after snubbing him for the 2010 games — wasn’t exactly enthralled with his former teammate’s actions.
(Note: Google translate ahead)
“It was perhaps not altogether successfully for Burrows to bit Patrice Bergeron in the finger during the first game. After Boston was really pissed off. You could say that it was the wrong team to anger.
“They play the very physical and I can probably think it would have been better to let the bear to sleep, if you know what I mean.”
This wasn’t the only, ahem, opinion Samuelsson held on the Canucks organization. He also said he “had no high opinion” of Vancouver’s management and that it might have been good to be traded to Florida.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 36
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 35
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (40)