Jul 12, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Detroit Red Wings forward Mikael Samuelsson recently conducted an interview with Swedish website Hockeysverige.se that touched on a number of subjects, including the infamous Alex Burrows-Patrice Bergeron finger biting incident from the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Samuelsson — an outspoken figure that told the Swedish Olympic team to “go [expletive] themselves” after snubbing him for the 2010 games — wasn’t exactly enthralled with his former teammate’s actions.
(Note: Google translate ahead)
“It was perhaps not altogether successfully for Burrows to bit Patrice Bergeron in the finger during the first game. After Boston was really pissed off. You could say that it was the wrong team to anger.
“They play the very physical and I can probably think it would have been better to let the bear to sleep, if you know what I mean.”
This wasn’t the only, ahem, opinion Samuelsson held on the Canucks organization. He also said he “had no high opinion” of Vancouver’s management and that it might have been good to be traded to Florida.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)