Jul 12, 2012, 5:26 PM EST
The Ducks were scheduled to go to arbitration with Nick Bonino on August 3.
On Thursday, they ensured it wouldn’t get that far.
According to Eric Stephens of the OC Register, the Ducks have re-upped with the RFA forward on a two-year, one-way deal worth $1.4 million. That works out to an average annual cap hit of $700,00, a slight bump from the $693,000 Bonino made last year (on a two-way deal, it should be noted.)
Bonino enjoyed a breakout season with Anaheim in 2011-12, posting career highs in games played (50), goals (five), assists (13) and points (18). He spent a good chunk of the year centering the Ducks’ third line and could display even more offensive upside as his career progresses — in 2010, he was a solid scorer for AHL Syracuse, registering 45 points in 50 games.
As mentioned earlier, Bonino was scheduled to go to arbitration on Aug 3 — to check out the remaining 15 cases scheduled over the next few weeks, click here.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)