Jul 12, 2012, 5:26 PM EST
The Ducks were scheduled to go to arbitration with Nick Bonino on August 3.
On Thursday, they ensured it wouldn’t get that far.
According to Eric Stephens of the OC Register, the Ducks have re-upped with the RFA forward on a two-year, one-way deal worth $1.4 million. That works out to an average annual cap hit of $700,00, a slight bump from the $693,000 Bonino made last year (on a two-way deal, it should be noted.)
Bonino enjoyed a breakout season with Anaheim in 2011-12, posting career highs in games played (50), goals (five), assists (13) and points (18). He spent a good chunk of the year centering the Ducks’ third line and could display even more offensive upside as his career progresses — in 2010, he was a solid scorer for AHL Syracuse, registering 45 points in 50 games.
As mentioned earlier, Bonino was scheduled to go to arbitration on Aug 3 — to check out the remaining 15 cases scheduled over the next few weeks, click here.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 2
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 14
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)