Jul 12, 2012, 5:26 PM EDT
The Ducks were scheduled to go to arbitration with Nick Bonino on August 3.
On Thursday, they ensured it wouldn’t get that far.
According to Eric Stephens of the OC Register, the Ducks have re-upped with the RFA forward on a two-year, one-way deal worth $1.4 million. That works out to an average annual cap hit of $700,00, a slight bump from the $693,000 Bonino made last year (on a two-way deal, it should be noted.)
Bonino enjoyed a breakout season with Anaheim in 2011-12, posting career highs in games played (50), goals (five), assists (13) and points (18). He spent a good chunk of the year centering the Ducks’ third line and could display even more offensive upside as his career progresses — in 2010, he was a solid scorer for AHL Syracuse, registering 45 points in 50 games.
As mentioned earlier, Bonino was scheduled to go to arbitration on Aug 3 — to check out the remaining 15 cases scheduled over the next few weeks, click here.
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 19
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)