Jul 12, 2012, 5:26 PM EST
The Ducks were scheduled to go to arbitration with Nick Bonino on August 3.
On Thursday, they ensured it wouldn’t get that far.
According to Eric Stephens of the OC Register, the Ducks have re-upped with the RFA forward on a two-year, one-way deal worth $1.4 million. That works out to an average annual cap hit of $700,00, a slight bump from the $693,000 Bonino made last year (on a two-way deal, it should be noted.)
Bonino enjoyed a breakout season with Anaheim in 2011-12, posting career highs in games played (50), goals (five), assists (13) and points (18). He spent a good chunk of the year centering the Ducks’ third line and could display even more offensive upside as his career progresses — in 2010, he was a solid scorer for AHL Syracuse, registering 45 points in 50 games.
As mentioned earlier, Bonino was scheduled to go to arbitration on Aug 3 — to check out the remaining 15 cases scheduled over the next few weeks, click here.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)