Jul 12, 2012, 8:56 AM EDT
Wolski has been a big disappointment over the last two seasons, but it’s hard to not to like the signing, given how little of a monetary commitment they’ve made. That being said, it was a little surprising to learn that Washington has already promised him a sizable role in 2012-13.
Stephen Whyno of the Washington Times is reporting that Wolski has already been informed that he’ll play on one of Washington’s top two lines.
“It’s definitely in that role. There’s already so many great players in those top two lines,” Wolski said. “I’d like to help fill another spot in that area. I think we’re going to have a lot of success.”
Of course, getting that spot and holding it are two different things, but Wolski does think that working with Washintong’s new coach, Adam Oates, will help him succeed.
“I think there’s a lot to learn from him,” Wolski said. “He was so gifted as a player that he can definitely teach you little things that you may not be able to learn from any other coach.”
If not, at least they didn’t break the bank on this gamble.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)