Jul 12, 2012, 8:56 AM EDT
Wolski has been a big disappointment over the last two seasons, but it’s hard to not to like the signing, given how little of a monetary commitment they’ve made. That being said, it was a little surprising to learn that Washington has already promised him a sizable role in 2012-13.
Stephen Whyno of the Washington Times is reporting that Wolski has already been informed that he’ll play on one of Washington’s top two lines.
“It’s definitely in that role. There’s already so many great players in those top two lines,” Wolski said. “I’d like to help fill another spot in that area. I think we’re going to have a lot of success.”
Of course, getting that spot and holding it are two different things, but Wolski does think that working with Washintong’s new coach, Adam Oates, will help him succeed.
“I think there’s a lot to learn from him,” Wolski said. “He was so gifted as a player that he can definitely teach you little things that you may not be able to learn from any other coach.”
If not, at least they didn’t break the bank on this gamble.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)