Jul 12, 2012, 8:56 AM EDT
Wolski has been a big disappointment over the last two seasons, but it’s hard to not to like the signing, given how little of a monetary commitment they’ve made. That being said, it was a little surprising to learn that Washington has already promised him a sizable role in 2012-13.
Stephen Whyno of the Washington Times is reporting that Wolski has already been informed that he’ll play on one of Washington’s top two lines.
“It’s definitely in that role. There’s already so many great players in those top two lines,” Wolski said. “I’d like to help fill another spot in that area. I think we’re going to have a lot of success.”
Of course, getting that spot and holding it are two different things, but Wolski does think that working with Washintong’s new coach, Adam Oates, will help him succeed.
“I think there’s a lot to learn from him,” Wolski said. “He was so gifted as a player that he can definitely teach you little things that you may not be able to learn from any other coach.”
If not, at least they didn’t break the bank on this gamble.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)