Jul 11, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Couple of minor signings to pass your way…
Washington keeps Hamill
The Washington Capitals have agreed to terms with RFA forward Zach Hamill on a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Hamill, taken eighth overall at the 2007 draft, was acquired by Washington in late May in a deal that saw Chris Bourque — son of Bruins legend Ray Bourque — go to Boston in exchange.
The 23-year-old Hamill never found his nice with the Bruins, appearing in just 20 career NHL games and registering four assists. He was a prolific scorer in junior, though, and may have an easier time finding minutes at center in Washington than he did in Boston (where he was buried behind David Krejci, Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley.)
New York signs Segal
The Rangers have inked former Tampa Bay Lightning winger Brandon Segal to a deal.
Segal, 28, has played over 100 NHL contests for the Lighting, Kings and Stars — in 2009-10, he set career highs in games (44) goals (six), assists (six) and points (12).
It seems unlikely he’ll crack the Rangers lineup this season and looks to be bound for AHL Connecticut.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)