Jul 11, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Couple of minor signings to pass your way…
Washington keeps Hamill
The Washington Capitals have agreed to terms with RFA forward Zach Hamill on a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Hamill, taken eighth overall at the 2007 draft, was acquired by Washington in late May in a deal that saw Chris Bourque — son of Bruins legend Ray Bourque — go to Boston in exchange.
The 23-year-old Hamill never found his nice with the Bruins, appearing in just 20 career NHL games and registering four assists. He was a prolific scorer in junior, though, and may have an easier time finding minutes at center in Washington than he did in Boston (where he was buried behind David Krejci, Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley.)
New York signs Segal
The Rangers have inked former Tampa Bay Lightning winger Brandon Segal to a deal.
Segal, 28, has played over 100 NHL contests for the Lighting, Kings and Stars — in 2009-10, he set career highs in games (44) goals (six), assists (six) and points (12).
It seems unlikely he’ll crack the Rangers lineup this season and looks to be bound for AHL Connecticut.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)