Jul 11, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Couple of minor signings to pass your way…
Washington keeps Hamill
The Washington Capitals have agreed to terms with RFA forward Zach Hamill on a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Hamill, taken eighth overall at the 2007 draft, was acquired by Washington in late May in a deal that saw Chris Bourque — son of Bruins legend Ray Bourque — go to Boston in exchange.
The 23-year-old Hamill never found his nice with the Bruins, appearing in just 20 career NHL games and registering four assists. He was a prolific scorer in junior, though, and may have an easier time finding minutes at center in Washington than he did in Boston (where he was buried behind David Krejci, Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley.)
New York signs Segal
The Rangers have inked former Tampa Bay Lightning winger Brandon Segal to a deal.
Segal, 28, has played over 100 NHL contests for the Lighting, Kings and Stars — in 2009-10, he set career highs in games (44) goals (six), assists (six) and points (12).
It seems unlikely he’ll crack the Rangers lineup this season and looks to be bound for AHL Connecticut.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)