Jul 11, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Couple of minor signings to pass your way…
Washington keeps Hamill
The Washington Capitals have agreed to terms with RFA forward Zach Hamill on a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Hamill, taken eighth overall at the 2007 draft, was acquired by Washington in late May in a deal that saw Chris Bourque — son of Bruins legend Ray Bourque — go to Boston in exchange.
The 23-year-old Hamill never found his nice with the Bruins, appearing in just 20 career NHL games and registering four assists. He was a prolific scorer in junior, though, and may have an easier time finding minutes at center in Washington than he did in Boston (where he was buried behind David Krejci, Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley.)
New York signs Segal
The Rangers have inked former Tampa Bay Lightning winger Brandon Segal to a deal.
Segal, 28, has played over 100 NHL contests for the Lighting, Kings and Stars — in 2009-10, he set career highs in games (44) goals (six), assists (six) and points (12).
It seems unlikely he’ll crack the Rangers lineup this season and looks to be bound for AHL Connecticut.
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 8
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 19
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 15
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)