Jul 11, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Couple of minor signings to pass your way…
Washington keeps Hamill
The Washington Capitals have agreed to terms with RFA forward Zach Hamill on a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Hamill, taken eighth overall at the 2007 draft, was acquired by Washington in late May in a deal that saw Chris Bourque — son of Bruins legend Ray Bourque — go to Boston in exchange.
The 23-year-old Hamill never found his nice with the Bruins, appearing in just 20 career NHL games and registering four assists. He was a prolific scorer in junior, though, and may have an easier time finding minutes at center in Washington than he did in Boston (where he was buried behind David Krejci, Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley.)
New York signs Segal
The Rangers have inked former Tampa Bay Lightning winger Brandon Segal to a deal.
Segal, 28, has played over 100 NHL contests for the Lighting, Kings and Stars — in 2009-10, he set career highs in games (44) goals (six), assists (six) and points (12).
It seems unlikely he’ll crack the Rangers lineup this season and looks to be bound for AHL Connecticut.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 21
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 13
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 64
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)