Jul 11, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
It looks like Niklas Hagman is headed to Russia.
According to RIA out of Russia (via Kukla’s), Hagman has signed a deal with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl in the KHL. Hagman finished last season with nine goals and 14 assists playing for both Calgary and Anaheim finishing the season with the Ducks. Lokomotiv is returning to the KHL after the air tragedy that saw the entire team killed in a plane crash last year.
If you’ll remember, he was one of the key components of the now infamous Dion Phaneuf trade between the Flames and Maple Leafs. Hagman along with Matt Stajan, Jamal Mayers, and Ian White went to Calgary in exchange for Phaneuf. Now only Stajan remains in Calgary. That deal didn’t exactly pay off.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)