Jul 11, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
It looks like Niklas Hagman is headed to Russia.
According to RIA out of Russia (via Kukla’s), Hagman has signed a deal with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl in the KHL. Hagman finished last season with nine goals and 14 assists playing for both Calgary and Anaheim finishing the season with the Ducks. Lokomotiv is returning to the KHL after the air tragedy that saw the entire team killed in a plane crash last year.
If you’ll remember, he was one of the key components of the now infamous Dion Phaneuf trade between the Flames and Maple Leafs. Hagman along with Matt Stajan, Jamal Mayers, and Ian White went to Calgary in exchange for Phaneuf. Now only Stajan remains in Calgary. That deal didn’t exactly pay off.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)