Jul 11, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
It looks like Niklas Hagman is headed to Russia.
According to RIA out of Russia (via Kukla’s), Hagman has signed a deal with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl in the KHL. Hagman finished last season with nine goals and 14 assists playing for both Calgary and Anaheim finishing the season with the Ducks. Lokomotiv is returning to the KHL after the air tragedy that saw the entire team killed in a plane crash last year.
If you’ll remember, he was one of the key components of the now infamous Dion Phaneuf trade between the Flames and Maple Leafs. Hagman along with Matt Stajan, Jamal Mayers, and Ian White went to Calgary in exchange for Phaneuf. Now only Stajan remains in Calgary. That deal didn’t exactly pay off.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)