Jul 11, 2012, 9:50 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets haven’t made big waves in free agency this summer, but defenseman Zach Bogosian is a big fan of what they’ve done so far.
Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun catches up with Bogosian and hears from him about how he enjoys GM Kevin Cheveldayoff adding some heft to the roster.
“We’ve gotten bigger up front and that’s something that’s going to help us,” said Bogosian, referring to the addition of Olli Jokinen and Alexei Ponikarovsky. “Al Montoya, playing with him a little bit at (previous) World Championships, he’s a good goaltender. Our management has done a pretty good job. We’ve gotten better with those three signings, for sure.”
There’s no doubt Jokinen and Ponikarovsky will help a forward unit that’s a bit lacking in size and offensive ability. With Chris Mason back to Nashville, Montoya helps give Ondrej Pavelec someone stable to back him up. As for Bogosian, he’ll be counted on to continue improving his own game on the blue line along with Tobias Enstrom and Dustin Byfuglien.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)