Jul 11, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets haven’t made big waves in free agency this summer, but defenseman Zach Bogosian is a big fan of what they’ve done so far.
Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun catches up with Bogosian and hears from him about how he enjoys GM Kevin Cheveldayoff adding some heft to the roster.
“We’ve gotten bigger up front and that’s something that’s going to help us,” said Bogosian, referring to the addition of Olli Jokinen and Alexei Ponikarovsky. “Al Montoya, playing with him a little bit at (previous) World Championships, he’s a good goaltender. Our management has done a pretty good job. We’ve gotten better with those three signings, for sure.”
There’s no doubt Jokinen and Ponikarovsky will help a forward unit that’s a bit lacking in size and offensive ability. With Chris Mason back to Nashville, Montoya helps give Ondrej Pavelec someone stable to back him up. As for Bogosian, he’ll be counted on to continue improving his own game on the blue line along with Tobias Enstrom and Dustin Byfuglien.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 7
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 16
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 40
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 83
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (85)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control