Jul 11, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets haven’t made big waves in free agency this summer, but defenseman Zach Bogosian is a big fan of what they’ve done so far.
Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun catches up with Bogosian and hears from him about how he enjoys GM Kevin Cheveldayoff adding some heft to the roster.
“We’ve gotten bigger up front and that’s something that’s going to help us,” said Bogosian, referring to the addition of Olli Jokinen and Alexei Ponikarovsky. “Al Montoya, playing with him a little bit at (previous) World Championships, he’s a good goaltender. Our management has done a pretty good job. We’ve gotten better with those three signings, for sure.”
There’s no doubt Jokinen and Ponikarovsky will help a forward unit that’s a bit lacking in size and offensive ability. With Chris Mason back to Nashville, Montoya helps give Ondrej Pavelec someone stable to back him up. As for Bogosian, he’ll be counted on to continue improving his own game on the blue line along with Tobias Enstrom and Dustin Byfuglien.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)