Jul 11, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets haven’t made big waves in free agency this summer, but defenseman Zach Bogosian is a big fan of what they’ve done so far.
Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun catches up with Bogosian and hears from him about how he enjoys GM Kevin Cheveldayoff adding some heft to the roster.
“We’ve gotten bigger up front and that’s something that’s going to help us,” said Bogosian, referring to the addition of Olli Jokinen and Alexei Ponikarovsky. “Al Montoya, playing with him a little bit at (previous) World Championships, he’s a good goaltender. Our management has done a pretty good job. We’ve gotten better with those three signings, for sure.”
There’s no doubt Jokinen and Ponikarovsky will help a forward unit that’s a bit lacking in size and offensive ability. With Chris Mason back to Nashville, Montoya helps give Ondrej Pavelec someone stable to back him up. As for Bogosian, he’ll be counted on to continue improving his own game on the blue line along with Tobias Enstrom and Dustin Byfuglien.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7