Jul 11, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets haven’t made big waves in free agency this summer, but defenseman Zach Bogosian is a big fan of what they’ve done so far.
Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun catches up with Bogosian and hears from him about how he enjoys GM Kevin Cheveldayoff adding some heft to the roster.
“We’ve gotten bigger up front and that’s something that’s going to help us,” said Bogosian, referring to the addition of Olli Jokinen and Alexei Ponikarovsky. “Al Montoya, playing with him a little bit at (previous) World Championships, he’s a good goaltender. Our management has done a pretty good job. We’ve gotten better with those three signings, for sure.”
There’s no doubt Jokinen and Ponikarovsky will help a forward unit that’s a bit lacking in size and offensive ability. With Chris Mason back to Nashville, Montoya helps give Ondrej Pavelec someone stable to back him up. As for Bogosian, he’ll be counted on to continue improving his own game on the blue line along with Tobias Enstrom and Dustin Byfuglien.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 20
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 22
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)