Jul 10, 2012, 1:43 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning added some toughness and grit on Tuesday by acquiring B.J. Crombeen from St. Louis for a package of picks.
To Tampa: Crombeen, 2014 fifth-round pick
To St. Louis: 2013 fourth-round pick, 2014 fourth-round pick
A second round pick by Dallas in 2003, Crombeen spent the last four years in the Blues organization but saw his role decrease significantly last year. He appeared in just 40 games — way down from the 80 he played in 2010-11 — and only dressed for seven of St. Louis’ nine playoff contests.
At 6-foot-2, 212 pounds, Crombeen will add toughness and pugilistic skills to the Bolts lineup. He fought 18 times in 2009-10, 17 times in 2010-11 and nine times last year despite playing less than half of St. Louis’ games.
His presence should be a welcome reprieve for Ryan Malone, who led Tampa in fighting majors last year — with six.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 71
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 19
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 29
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (71)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)