Jul 10, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning added some toughness and grit on Tuesday by acquiring B.J. Crombeen from St. Louis for a package of picks.
To Tampa: Crombeen, 2014 fifth-round pick
To St. Louis: 2013 fourth-round pick, 2014 fourth-round pick
A second round pick by Dallas in 2003, Crombeen spent the last four years in the Blues organization but saw his role decrease significantly last year. He appeared in just 40 games — way down from the 80 he played in 2010-11 — and only dressed for seven of St. Louis’ nine playoff contests.
At 6-foot-2, 212 pounds, Crombeen will add toughness and pugilistic skills to the Bolts lineup. He fought 18 times in 2009-10, 17 times in 2010-11 and nine times last year despite playing less than half of St. Louis’ games.
His presence should be a welcome reprieve for Ryan Malone, who led Tampa in fighting majors last year — with six.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 18
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 83
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (83)