Jul 10, 2012, 11:18 AM EDT
If your team is looking for a rugged scoring left winger, the Dallas Stars have one available.
Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Stars captain Brenden Morrow is available for trade and some of the usual suspects are already trying to land him.
Dallas captain Brenden Morrow is believed to be available and it appears that the Blues have interest. They may not be the only team asking about Morrow, as the New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings may also be in contact with the Stars.
What, no Flyers? The Blues’ interest makes a lot of sense as GM Doug Armstrong and coach Ken Hitchcock are very familiar with Morrow from their days in Dallas.
When healthy, Morrow is a guy capable of scoring 30 goals. Last season he dealt with some injury issues and had just 11 tallies. With the Stars adding Jaromir Jagr, Ray Whitney, and Derek Roy things are a bit different there now and perhaps feel it’s time to move on from the past.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)