Jul 10, 2012, 11:18 AM EDT
If your team is looking for a rugged scoring left winger, the Dallas Stars have one available.
Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Stars captain Brenden Morrow is available for trade and some of the usual suspects are already trying to land him.
Dallas captain Brenden Morrow is believed to be available and it appears that the Blues have interest. They may not be the only team asking about Morrow, as the New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings may also be in contact with the Stars.
What, no Flyers? The Blues’ interest makes a lot of sense as GM Doug Armstrong and coach Ken Hitchcock are very familiar with Morrow from their days in Dallas.
When healthy, Morrow is a guy capable of scoring 30 goals. Last season he dealt with some injury issues and had just 11 tallies. With the Stars adding Jaromir Jagr, Ray Whitney, and Derek Roy things are a bit different there now and perhaps feel it’s time to move on from the past.
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 13
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14