Jul 10, 2012, 11:18 AM EDT
If your team is looking for a rugged scoring left winger, the Dallas Stars have one available.
Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Stars captain Brenden Morrow is available for trade and some of the usual suspects are already trying to land him.
Dallas captain Brenden Morrow is believed to be available and it appears that the Blues have interest. They may not be the only team asking about Morrow, as the New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings may also be in contact with the Stars.
What, no Flyers? The Blues’ interest makes a lot of sense as GM Doug Armstrong and coach Ken Hitchcock are very familiar with Morrow from their days in Dallas.
When healthy, Morrow is a guy capable of scoring 30 goals. Last season he dealt with some injury issues and had just 11 tallies. With the Stars adding Jaromir Jagr, Ray Whitney, and Derek Roy things are a bit different there now and perhaps feel it’s time to move on from the past.
- Report: Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin out with upper body injury 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)