Jul 10, 2012, 11:18 AM EDT
If your team is looking for a rugged scoring left winger, the Dallas Stars have one available.
Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Stars captain Brenden Morrow is available for trade and some of the usual suspects are already trying to land him.
Dallas captain Brenden Morrow is believed to be available and it appears that the Blues have interest. They may not be the only team asking about Morrow, as the New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings may also be in contact with the Stars.
What, no Flyers? The Blues’ interest makes a lot of sense as GM Doug Armstrong and coach Ken Hitchcock are very familiar with Morrow from their days in Dallas.
When healthy, Morrow is a guy capable of scoring 30 goals. Last season he dealt with some injury issues and had just 11 tallies. With the Stars adding Jaromir Jagr, Ray Whitney, and Derek Roy things are a bit different there now and perhaps feel it’s time to move on from the past.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 7
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31