Jul 10, 2012, 5:48 PM EST
The deal is believed to be worth $5.75 million.
Neil had 13 goals, 15 assists and a team-high 271 hits in 2011-12. The 33-year-old added two goals and an assist in the Sens’ first-round loss to the Rangers, but most notably delivered a crushing hit on Brian Boyle in Game 5.
Neil has spent his entire career in Ottawa, amassing 90 goals, 110 assists and 1,861 PIM in 731 games.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12