Jul 10, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
The deal is believed to be worth $5.75 million.
Neil had 13 goals, 15 assists and a team-high 271 hits in 2011-12. The 33-year-old added two goals and an assist in the Sens’ first-round loss to the Rangers, but most notably delivered a crushing hit on Brian Boyle in Game 5.
Neil has spent his entire career in Ottawa, amassing 90 goals, 110 assists and 1,861 PIM in 731 games.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 52
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 40
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)