Jul 10, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
The deal is believed to be worth $5.75 million.
Neil had 13 goals, 15 assists and a team-high 271 hits in 2011-12. The 33-year-old added two goals and an assist in the Sens’ first-round loss to the Rangers, but most notably delivered a crushing hit on Brian Boyle in Game 5.
Neil has spent his entire career in Ottawa, amassing 90 goals, 110 assists and 1,861 PIM in 731 games.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 57
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15