Jul 10, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
The deal is believed to be worth $5.75 million.
Neil had 13 goals, 15 assists and a team-high 271 hits in 2011-12. The 33-year-old added two goals and an assist in the Sens’ first-round loss to the Rangers, but most notably delivered a crushing hit on Brian Boyle in Game 5.
Neil has spent his entire career in Ottawa, amassing 90 goals, 110 assists and 1,861 PIM in 731 games.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 4
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)