Jul 10, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
The deal is believed to be worth $5.75 million.
Neil had 13 goals, 15 assists and a team-high 271 hits in 2011-12. The 33-year-old added two goals and an assist in the Sens’ first-round loss to the Rangers, but most notably delivered a crushing hit on Brian Boyle in Game 5.
Neil has spent his entire career in Ottawa, amassing 90 goals, 110 assists and 1,861 PIM in 731 games.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 39
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7