Jul 10, 2012, 9:44 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA held their fourth session of CBA talks on Tuesday, discussing various matters for about three hours. Naturally, exact details aren’t available, but NHLPA head Donald Fehr and player representative Manny Malhotra provided positive feedback.
“We had a meeting for the better part of three hours. A lot of different issues were discussed,” Fehr said. “The meeting was business-like and appropriate and we’ve got another one scheduled for Friday.”
“We discussed a number of issues today and talks were very productive,” Malhotra said. “Again, we’re not going to get into too many specifics, but the lines of communication are open.”
The NHL is saying all the right things, too. Gary Bettman called the discussions “positive, constructive and cordial” as well.
At some point, those sound bytes will begin to dissolve while a sense of nervousness sets in, but so far it’s reasonable for everyone to be upbeat. The next meetings are supposed to take place on Friday.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 36
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (38)