Jul 10, 2012, 9:44 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA held their fourth session of CBA talks on Tuesday, discussing various matters for about three hours. Naturally, exact details aren’t available, but NHLPA head Donald Fehr and player representative Manny Malhotra provided positive feedback.
“We had a meeting for the better part of three hours. A lot of different issues were discussed,” Fehr said. “The meeting was business-like and appropriate and we’ve got another one scheduled for Friday.”
“We discussed a number of issues today and talks were very productive,” Malhotra said. “Again, we’re not going to get into too many specifics, but the lines of communication are open.”
The NHL is saying all the right things, too. Gary Bettman called the discussions “positive, constructive and cordial” as well.
At some point, those sound bytes will begin to dissolve while a sense of nervousness sets in, but so far it’s reasonable for everyone to be upbeat. The next meetings are supposed to take place on Friday.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)