Jul 10, 2012, 9:44 PM EST
The NHL and NHLPA held their fourth session of CBA talks on Tuesday, discussing various matters for about three hours. Naturally, exact details aren’t available, but NHLPA head Donald Fehr and player representative Manny Malhotra provided positive feedback.
“We had a meeting for the better part of three hours. A lot of different issues were discussed,” Fehr said. “The meeting was business-like and appropriate and we’ve got another one scheduled for Friday.”
“We discussed a number of issues today and talks were very productive,” Malhotra said. “Again, we’re not going to get into too many specifics, but the lines of communication are open.”
The NHL is saying all the right things, too. Gary Bettman called the discussions “positive, constructive and cordial” as well.
At some point, those sound bytes will begin to dissolve while a sense of nervousness sets in, but so far it’s reasonable for everyone to be upbeat. The next meetings are supposed to take place on Friday.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 4
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 10
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)