Jul 10, 2012, 9:44 PM EST
The NHL and NHLPA held their fourth session of CBA talks on Tuesday, discussing various matters for about three hours. Naturally, exact details aren’t available, but NHLPA head Donald Fehr and player representative Manny Malhotra provided positive feedback.
“We had a meeting for the better part of three hours. A lot of different issues were discussed,” Fehr said. “The meeting was business-like and appropriate and we’ve got another one scheduled for Friday.”
“We discussed a number of issues today and talks were very productive,” Malhotra said. “Again, we’re not going to get into too many specifics, but the lines of communication are open.”
The NHL is saying all the right things, too. Gary Bettman called the discussions “positive, constructive and cordial” as well.
At some point, those sound bytes will begin to dissolve while a sense of nervousness sets in, but so far it’s reasonable for everyone to be upbeat. The next meetings are supposed to take place on Friday.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 3
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 33
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 63
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 31
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)