Jul 10, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues have agreed to a contract extension with 36-year-old UFA forward Jamie Langenbrunner to a one-year deal worth $1.5 million. Included is a “very attainable” $250,000 bonus, according to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector.
The contract length is not surprising as Langenbrunner originally signed with St. Louis on a one-year deal (worth $2.5 million.)
The Minnesota native scored 6G-18A-24PTS in a mostly third-line role for the Blues, but did average over 14 minutes per game and appeared in all nine playoff games.
“We are excited that Jamie has agreed to stay in St. Louis,” said Blues GM Doug Armstrong. “His professionalism and leadership both on and off the ice are invaluable assets for our club.”
At this stage of his career, Langenbrunner isn’t looked to as an offensive producer, but rather a key veteran presence on a young St. Louis team. The likes of Alex Pietrangelo, David Perron, Kevin Shattenkirk and Patrik Berglund are all under the age of 25 and it’s likely highly-touted draftees Jaden Schwartz (19 years old) and Vladimir Tarasenko (20) will be on the roster next season.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)