Jul 10, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues have agreed to a contract extension with 36-year-old UFA forward Jamie Langenbrunner to a one-year deal worth $1.5 million. Included is a “very attainable” $250,000 bonus, according to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector.
The contract length is not surprising as Langenbrunner originally signed with St. Louis on a one-year deal (worth $2.5 million.)
The Minnesota native scored 6G-18A-24PTS in a mostly third-line role for the Blues, but did average over 14 minutes per game and appeared in all nine playoff games.
“We are excited that Jamie has agreed to stay in St. Louis,” said Blues GM Doug Armstrong. “His professionalism and leadership both on and off the ice are invaluable assets for our club.”
At this stage of his career, Langenbrunner isn’t looked to as an offensive producer, but rather a key veteran presence on a young St. Louis team. The likes of Alex Pietrangelo, David Perron, Kevin Shattenkirk and Patrik Berglund are all under the age of 25 and it’s likely highly-touted draftees Jaden Schwartz (19 years old) and Vladimir Tarasenko (20) will be on the roster next season.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 7
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 10
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 18
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)