Jul 9, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
So maybe Florida Panthers CEO Michael Yormark isn’t going to Las Vegas to meet with a certain Canucks goalie. According to his Twitter feed, he’s going there to have dinner with “a major gaming industry CEO.”
Yesterday, Yormark tweeted he was off to Vegas for a “very important dinner” on Monday night. This led to speculation he would be dining with Luongo, who’s there participating in the World Series of Poker.
Florida is believed to be the most likely destination for Luongo to be traded.
Of course, it’s still possible the two could meet up. Maybe share a couple of daiquiris poolside?
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 21
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)