Jul 9, 2012, 6:52 PM EDT
When the NHLPA conducted its first meetings about the CBA, reports surfaced that Jonathan Toews was whispering in Shane Doan‘s ear about joining the Chicago Blackhawks. That sales pitch must have gone well because Doan’s agent told Chris Kuc that there’s some mutual interest in getting something done.
Shane Doan’s agent, Terry Bross, said not only have #Blackhawks contacted them, but also that Doan has interest in joining Hawks.
Sure, the Blackhawks probably have bigger fish to try this off-season when it comes to improving their defensive depth and overall goaltending. Some might view adding Doan as overkill because the team’s forward group is already formidable. Still, Toews, Patrick Kane, Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa & Co. provide a lot of things, but few – if any – of those players approach Doan’s ruggedness.
With that in mind, adding Doan could make a lot of sense. It’s a solid idea from the Phoenix Coyotes captain’s perspective as well; Chicago recently won a Stanley Cup and doesn’t have the money problems that Phoenix faces each season.
What do you think, though? How wise would this move be for both sides?
More Doan-related fun
The Boston Bruins aren’t on his wish list.
Vancouver Canucks are in the running.
The New York Rangers are/were in the hunt.
Philadelphia Flyers show some interest.
At one point, 11 teams hoped to be in the mix.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9