Jul 9, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
This one seemed to fly under the radar, but Patrik Elias had an injured groin.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice hears from Devils GM Lou Lamoriello that Elias had minor surgery to repair the issue and will be back skating soon.
“Patrik had a little pull, so that’s been fixed,” Lamoriello said.
Lamoriello said Elias’ groin problem was on “a different side” from the one that twice required surgery – in 2005 and 2009.
At least it’s not a flare up of an old issue.
Elias had a goal and an assist in the six-game loss to the Los Angeles Kings in the Stanley Cup finals. He finished with five goals and three assists throughout this year’s playoffs.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 8
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 20
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 52
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 78
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 49
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional