Jul 9, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
This one seemed to fly under the radar, but Patrik Elias had an injured groin.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice hears from Devils GM Lou Lamoriello that Elias had minor surgery to repair the issue and will be back skating soon.
“Patrik had a little pull, so that’s been fixed,” Lamoriello said.
Lamoriello said Elias’ groin problem was on “a different side” from the one that twice required surgery – in 2005 and 2009.
At least it’s not a flare up of an old issue.
Elias had a goal and an assist in the six-game loss to the Los Angeles Kings in the Stanley Cup finals. He finished with five goals and three assists throughout this year’s playoffs.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)