Jul 9, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
This one seemed to fly under the radar, but Patrik Elias had an injured groin.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice hears from Devils GM Lou Lamoriello that Elias had minor surgery to repair the issue and will be back skating soon.
“Patrik had a little pull, so that’s been fixed,” Lamoriello said.
Lamoriello said Elias’ groin problem was on “a different side” from the one that twice required surgery – in 2005 and 2009.
At least it’s not a flare up of an old issue.
Elias had a goal and an assist in the six-game loss to the Los Angeles Kings in the Stanley Cup finals. He finished with five goals and three assists throughout this year’s playoffs.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)