Jul 9, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
This one seemed to fly under the radar, but Patrik Elias had an injured groin.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice hears from Devils GM Lou Lamoriello that Elias had minor surgery to repair the issue and will be back skating soon.
“Patrik had a little pull, so that’s been fixed,” Lamoriello said.
Lamoriello said Elias’ groin problem was on “a different side” from the one that twice required surgery – in 2005 and 2009.
At least it’s not a flare up of an old issue.
Elias had a goal and an assist in the six-game loss to the Los Angeles Kings in the Stanley Cup finals. He finished with five goals and three assists throughout this year’s playoffs.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)