Jul 9, 2012, 4:33 PM EST
The Florida Panthers won’t be lacking toughness next season.
Deveaux, 28, is a 6-foot-3, 220-pound center who — oddly enough — made headlines last year for this nasty check on his new Panthers teammate, Tomas Fleischmann:
That headshot earned Deveaux a three-game suspension and cost him $8,513.52 in salary.
Fleischmann isn’t the only future teammate Deveaux’s got beef with. Back in November, he scrapped Parros (then with the Ducks) while a member of the New York Rangers:
(Note: It’s weird seeing Parros without a moustache.)
As for the Panthers, the Deveaux signing further combats the toughness problem that plagued the team throughout last season. GM Dale Tallon tried to address it midway through the year by trading for Krys Barch, but he signed with the Devils on July 5.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 6
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 29
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 31
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (37)