Jul 9, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers won’t be lacking toughness next season.
Deveaux, 28, is a 6-foot-3, 220-pound center who — oddly enough — made headlines last year for this nasty check on his new Panthers teammate, Tomas Fleischmann:
That headshot earned Deveaux a three-game suspension and cost him $8,513.52 in salary.
Fleischmann isn’t the only future teammate Deveaux’s got beef with. Back in November, he scrapped Parros (then with the Ducks) while a member of the New York Rangers:
(Note: It’s weird seeing Parros without a moustache.)
As for the Panthers, the Deveaux signing further combats the toughness problem that plagued the team throughout last season. GM Dale Tallon tried to address it midway through the year by trading for Krys Barch, but he signed with the Devils on July 5.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 3
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 5
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 32
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)