Jul 9, 2012, 4:33 PM EST
The Florida Panthers won’t be lacking toughness next season.
Deveaux, 28, is a 6-foot-3, 220-pound center who — oddly enough — made headlines last year for this nasty check on his new Panthers teammate, Tomas Fleischmann:
That headshot earned Deveaux a three-game suspension and cost him $8,513.52 in salary.
Fleischmann isn’t the only future teammate Deveaux’s got beef with. Back in November, he scrapped Parros (then with the Ducks) while a member of the New York Rangers:
(Note: It’s weird seeing Parros without a moustache.)
As for the Panthers, the Deveaux signing further combats the toughness problem that plagued the team throughout last season. GM Dale Tallon tried to address it midway through the year by trading for Krys Barch, but he signed with the Devils on July 5.
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 0
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 8
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 10
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)