Jul 9, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers won’t be lacking toughness next season.
Deveaux, 28, is a 6-foot-3, 220-pound center who — oddly enough — made headlines last year for this nasty check on his new Panthers teammate, Tomas Fleischmann:
That headshot earned Deveaux a three-game suspension and cost him $8,513.52 in salary.
Fleischmann isn’t the only future teammate Deveaux’s got beef with. Back in November, he scrapped Parros (then with the Ducks) while a member of the New York Rangers:
(Note: It’s weird seeing Parros without a moustache.)
As for the Panthers, the Deveaux signing further combats the toughness problem that plagued the team throughout last season. GM Dale Tallon tried to address it midway through the year by trading for Krys Barch, but he signed with the Devils on July 5.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)