Jul 9, 2012, 4:33 PM EST
The Florida Panthers won’t be lacking toughness next season.
Deveaux, 28, is a 6-foot-3, 220-pound center who — oddly enough — made headlines last year for this nasty check on his new Panthers teammate, Tomas Fleischmann:
That headshot earned Deveaux a three-game suspension and cost him $8,513.52 in salary.
Fleischmann isn’t the only future teammate Deveaux’s got beef with. Back in November, he scrapped Parros (then with the Ducks) while a member of the New York Rangers:
(Note: It’s weird seeing Parros without a moustache.)
As for the Panthers, the Deveaux signing further combats the toughness problem that plagued the team throughout last season. GM Dale Tallon tried to address it midway through the year by trading for Krys Barch, but he signed with the Devils on July 5.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)