Jul 9, 2012, 10:48 AM EST
It’s July 9 and that means it’s time for the Coyotes to find out if Greg Jamison’s bid to buy the team will be slowed down. That also means it’s time for Shane Doan to figure out if he’s coming back to Phoenix or heading out of town.
Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic hears from Doan’s agent that he’s ready to start listening to offers no matter how much it pains him to do so.
“I expect by Tuesday we’ll probably start listening to some offers, get an idea of where he kind of fits in the market, and take that next step,” said Terry Bross, Doan’s agent. “I wouldn’t say anything’s imminent.”
It’s believed as many as 11 teams have interest in signing Doan including the Rangers, Canadiens, Flyers, and Kings. As a physical power forward with scoring touch, he should have many suitors and after being the captain of the Coyotes for so long now, he brings character as well.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11