Jul 9, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT
It’s July 9 and that means it’s time for the Coyotes to find out if Greg Jamison’s bid to buy the team will be slowed down. That also means it’s time for Shane Doan to figure out if he’s coming back to Phoenix or heading out of town.
Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic hears from Doan’s agent that he’s ready to start listening to offers no matter how much it pains him to do so.
“I expect by Tuesday we’ll probably start listening to some offers, get an idea of where he kind of fits in the market, and take that next step,” said Terry Bross, Doan’s agent. “I wouldn’t say anything’s imminent.”
It’s believed as many as 11 teams have interest in signing Doan including the Rangers, Canadiens, Flyers, and Kings. As a physical power forward with scoring touch, he should have many suitors and after being the captain of the Coyotes for so long now, he brings character as well.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 2
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 38
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)