Jul 9, 2012, 10:48 AM EST
It’s July 9 and that means it’s time for the Coyotes to find out if Greg Jamison’s bid to buy the team will be slowed down. That also means it’s time for Shane Doan to figure out if he’s coming back to Phoenix or heading out of town.
Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic hears from Doan’s agent that he’s ready to start listening to offers no matter how much it pains him to do so.
“I expect by Tuesday we’ll probably start listening to some offers, get an idea of where he kind of fits in the market, and take that next step,” said Terry Bross, Doan’s agent. “I wouldn’t say anything’s imminent.”
It’s believed as many as 11 teams have interest in signing Doan including the Rangers, Canadiens, Flyers, and Kings. As a physical power forward with scoring touch, he should have many suitors and after being the captain of the Coyotes for so long now, he brings character as well.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 4
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 7
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)