Jul 9, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT
It’s July 9 and that means it’s time for the Coyotes to find out if Greg Jamison’s bid to buy the team will be slowed down. That also means it’s time for Shane Doan to figure out if he’s coming back to Phoenix or heading out of town.
Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic hears from Doan’s agent that he’s ready to start listening to offers no matter how much it pains him to do so.
“I expect by Tuesday we’ll probably start listening to some offers, get an idea of where he kind of fits in the market, and take that next step,” said Terry Bross, Doan’s agent. “I wouldn’t say anything’s imminent.”
It’s believed as many as 11 teams have interest in signing Doan including the Rangers, Canadiens, Flyers, and Kings. As a physical power forward with scoring touch, he should have many suitors and after being the captain of the Coyotes for so long now, he brings character as well.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)