Jul 9, 2012, 8:05 PM EDT
After making a reputation as one of the most feared fighters of his era, former NHL enforcer Georges Laraque has flipped the script as a Green Party representative in retirement. One of his newest interests involved working with “greener” synthetic ice surfaces, but Giuseppe Valiante reports that his relationship with a business partner has gone cold.
Laraque and Marc Filion are reportedly preparing lawsuits against each other, with accusations of stealing from the company.
Naturally, these cases lend themselves to figure-pointing and accusations. Laraque claims that he first brought up fraud charges to Montreal police in April. Either way. he said that he’ll move on – whether he pursues “greener” ice further or not.
“Look, I don’t threaten people,” Laraque said. “I work on TV, I have restaurants, I’m a busy guy. I was only selling (the synthetic ice) part-time. There are so many other companies that sell the product; I’ll just join another one if I want to continue.”
Some might be surprised to see the former highly-paid pugilist turn the other cheek, but that’s just what he does these days.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 25
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)