Jul 9, 2012, 8:05 PM EDT
After making a reputation as one of the most feared fighters of his era, former NHL enforcer Georges Laraque has flipped the script as a Green Party representative in retirement. One of his newest interests involved working with “greener” synthetic ice surfaces, but Giuseppe Valiante reports that his relationship with a business partner has gone cold.
Laraque and Marc Filion are reportedly preparing lawsuits against each other, with accusations of stealing from the company.
Naturally, these cases lend themselves to figure-pointing and accusations. Laraque claims that he first brought up fraud charges to Montreal police in April. Either way. he said that he’ll move on – whether he pursues “greener” ice further or not.
“Look, I don’t threaten people,” Laraque said. “I work on TV, I have restaurants, I’m a busy guy. I was only selling (the synthetic ice) part-time. There are so many other companies that sell the product; I’ll just join another one if I want to continue.”
Some might be surprised to see the former highly-paid pugilist turn the other cheek, but that’s just what he does these days.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 45
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 74
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63