Jul 9, 2012, 8:05 PM EST
After making a reputation as one of the most feared fighters of his era, former NHL enforcer Georges Laraque has flipped the script as a Green Party representative in retirement. One of his newest interests involved working with “greener” synthetic ice surfaces, but Giuseppe Valiante reports that his relationship with a business partner has gone cold.
Laraque and Marc Filion are reportedly preparing lawsuits against each other, with accusations of stealing from the company.
Naturally, these cases lend themselves to figure-pointing and accusations. Laraque claims that he first brought up fraud charges to Montreal police in April. Either way. he said that he’ll move on – whether he pursues “greener” ice further or not.
“Look, I don’t threaten people,” Laraque said. “I work on TV, I have restaurants, I’m a busy guy. I was only selling (the synthetic ice) part-time. There are so many other companies that sell the product; I’ll just join another one if I want to continue.”
Some might be surprised to see the former highly-paid pugilist turn the other cheek, but that’s just what he does these days.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)