Jul 9, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
All those teams have great depth at center.
“I don’t think Pittsburgh is a great fit,” Ferraro said. “I mean, he’d probably score 8-10 more goals than he does now, but I just don’t think his game is a match with (Sidney) Crosby and (Evgeni) Malkin.
“Crosby and Malkin both need the puck to be successful. Nash’s game — the way to describe him — is he’s size with the puck. He needs the puck to be successful. He lugs it to the net. He drives the net with the puck, not so much without. Well, if Crosby and Malkin need the puck, and now you’re bringing a third guy in who needs the puck … I don’t know. There’s only one puck.”
It’s an interesting theory to say the least.
Many feel Nash’s frustration partly stems from Columbus’ continued inability to land a high-profile center. It could be said Nash’s best-ever centermen with the Blue Jackets were Andrew Cassels and Manny Malhotra.
That said, Nash did score 41 goals playing with Cassels. Perhaps this kind of center — one that knows to defer to his All-Star winger — is what Nash really needs.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)