Jul 9, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
All those teams have great depth at center.
“I don’t think Pittsburgh is a great fit,” Ferraro said. “I mean, he’d probably score 8-10 more goals than he does now, but I just don’t think his game is a match with (Sidney) Crosby and (Evgeni) Malkin.
“Crosby and Malkin both need the puck to be successful. Nash’s game — the way to describe him — is he’s size with the puck. He needs the puck to be successful. He lugs it to the net. He drives the net with the puck, not so much without. Well, if Crosby and Malkin need the puck, and now you’re bringing a third guy in who needs the puck … I don’t know. There’s only one puck.”
It’s an interesting theory to say the least.
Many feel Nash’s frustration partly stems from Columbus’ continued inability to land a high-profile center. It could be said Nash’s best-ever centermen with the Blue Jackets were Andrew Cassels and Manny Malhotra.
That said, Nash did score 41 goals playing with Cassels. Perhaps this kind of center — one that knows to defer to his All-Star winger — is what Nash really needs.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 49
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (53)