Jul 9, 2012, 8:38 PM EDT
It appears that Phoenix Coyotes forward Brett MacLean is feeling much better one week after a frightening “cardiac emergency” in Owen Sound, Ontario. He was “conscious and speaking” a couple days later and the Coyotes report that his recovery continues to progress nicely. Here’s the latest update from the Coyotes.
“We have been in contact with Brett’s family and the hospital over the past week and the reports are that he is doing well and his condition is improving. Brett will continue to undergo tests with the cardiology team at University Hospital in London, Ontario.”
There’s no word yet regarding MacLean’s chances of resuming his hockey career, though. That’s probably to be expected as doctors still must determine the cause for his heart problems and whether or not this could be a recurring issue.
If nothing else, it appears that MacLean should survive that scary incident, which is great news either way.
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 17
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 35
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 69
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 28
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks