Jul 9, 2012, 8:38 PM EDT
It appears that Phoenix Coyotes forward Brett MacLean is feeling much better one week after a frightening “cardiac emergency” in Owen Sound, Ontario. He was “conscious and speaking” a couple days later and the Coyotes report that his recovery continues to progress nicely. Here’s the latest update from the Coyotes.
“We have been in contact with Brett’s family and the hospital over the past week and the reports are that he is doing well and his condition is improving. Brett will continue to undergo tests with the cardiology team at University Hospital in London, Ontario.”
There’s no word yet regarding MacLean’s chances of resuming his hockey career, though. That’s probably to be expected as doctors still must determine the cause for his heart problems and whether or not this could be a recurring issue.
If nothing else, it appears that MacLean should survive that scary incident, which is great news either way.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 3
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)