Jul 8, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
As we previously reported, there are eleven teams interested in courting Shane Doan on Monday. Doan has of course been an unrestricted free agent for a week now, but he wanted to keep his options open until at least July 9 get a better indication of the Coyotes ownership situation.
He might still end up with the Coyotes, but if he does decide to move on, then the Flyers are among the teams that would love to sign him, according to Philadelphia Inquirer beat writer Sam Carchidi’s sources.
The Philadelphia Flyers have lost Jaromir Jagr as an unrestricted free agent and they traded away James van Riemsdyk. At the same time, they have several young forwards that are capable of playing bigger roles in 2012-13, so they aren’t in urgent need of another top-six winger.
Still, for a franchise that wants to win now, adding Shane Doan would be a big victory.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)