Jul 8, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
As we previously reported, there are eleven teams interested in courting Shane Doan on Monday. Doan has of course been an unrestricted free agent for a week now, but he wanted to keep his options open until at least July 9 get a better indication of the Coyotes ownership situation.
He might still end up with the Coyotes, but if he does decide to move on, then the Flyers are among the teams that would love to sign him, according to Philadelphia Inquirer beat writer Sam Carchidi’s sources.
The Philadelphia Flyers have lost Jaromir Jagr as an unrestricted free agent and they traded away James van Riemsdyk. At the same time, they have several young forwards that are capable of playing bigger roles in 2012-13, so they aren’t in urgent need of another top-six winger.
Still, for a franchise that wants to win now, adding Shane Doan would be a big victory.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 7
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31