Jul 8, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
As we previously reported, there are eleven teams interested in courting Shane Doan on Monday. Doan has of course been an unrestricted free agent for a week now, but he wanted to keep his options open until at least July 9 get a better indication of the Coyotes ownership situation.
He might still end up with the Coyotes, but if he does decide to move on, then the Flyers are among the teams that would love to sign him, according to Philadelphia Inquirer beat writer Sam Carchidi’s sources.
The Philadelphia Flyers have lost Jaromir Jagr as an unrestricted free agent and they traded away James van Riemsdyk. At the same time, they have several young forwards that are capable of playing bigger roles in 2012-13, so they aren’t in urgent need of another top-six winger.
Still, for a franchise that wants to win now, adding Shane Doan would be a big victory.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)