Jul 8, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
As we previously reported, there are eleven teams interested in courting Shane Doan on Monday. Doan has of course been an unrestricted free agent for a week now, but he wanted to keep his options open until at least July 9 get a better indication of the Coyotes ownership situation.
He might still end up with the Coyotes, but if he does decide to move on, then the Flyers are among the teams that would love to sign him, according to Philadelphia Inquirer beat writer Sam Carchidi’s sources.
The Philadelphia Flyers have lost Jaromir Jagr as an unrestricted free agent and they traded away James van Riemsdyk. At the same time, they have several young forwards that are capable of playing bigger roles in 2012-13, so they aren’t in urgent need of another top-six winger.
Still, for a franchise that wants to win now, adding Shane Doan would be a big victory.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)