Jul 8, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
As we previously reported, there are eleven teams interested in courting Shane Doan on Monday. Doan has of course been an unrestricted free agent for a week now, but he wanted to keep his options open until at least July 9 get a better indication of the Coyotes ownership situation.
He might still end up with the Coyotes, but if he does decide to move on, then the Flyers are among the teams that would love to sign him, according to Philadelphia Inquirer beat writer Sam Carchidi’s sources.
The Philadelphia Flyers have lost Jaromir Jagr as an unrestricted free agent and they traded away James van Riemsdyk. At the same time, they have several young forwards that are capable of playing bigger roles in 2012-13, so they aren’t in urgent need of another top-six winger.
Still, for a franchise that wants to win now, adding Shane Doan would be a big victory.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 6
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 22
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 90
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (90)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)