Jul 8, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
Nicklas Lidstrom’s retirement from the NHL doesn’t have to mean he’s out of hockey completely.
Brendan Savage of Mlive.com hears from Detroit’s assistant GM Jim Nill that Lidstrom will be joining the Red Wings as a scout.
“We haven’t really sat down (and determined) to what extent but he’ll be in the organization and do everything he can to help us out,” Nill said today during the morning session of the Red Wings prospects camp at Centre Ice Arena.
“We might bring him back here. It depends on the situation. His terms. We wanted to keep him in the organization.”
Just picture if you will having Lidstrom filing a scouting report on a defenseman. “Well, he’s not as good as I was so take that into consideration.” Thanks Nick!
Having a guy with the kind of experience Lidstrom has as another set of eyes for talent can’t be a bad thing.
- Kronwalled: Red Wings defenseman levels Lightning’s Kucherov 0
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 6
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 24
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 14
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 74
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)