Jul 8, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson is still trying to find a way to deal Rick Nash. His demands are high, maybe too high, but he does have someone that understands him in former Jackets forward Michael Peca.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch breaks down whether or not the price for Nash is too high and Peca tells him it’s all part of the process of trying to make a trade.
“Scott is trying to rob somebody, and he has that right,” said Michael Peca, a longtime NHL player, including with Columbus, and now an analyst for TSN, a Canadian sports channel. “And you know some teams are trying to get Nash from (Howson) without giving up anything of consequence.”
If you scoped out what any armchair GM on the Internet was cooking up to land Nash for their favorite team, you know that to be true. Then again, when Howson is asking for guys like Jeff Skinner or Logan Couture or Chris Kreider, those are deals that just aren’t going to materialize.
It’s a high-stakes game of chicken at this point and Howson seems determined not to swerve out of the way until he gets what he wants. If that means going head-on into the season with Nash still in Columbus, so be it. How delightfully awkward.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 5
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20