Jul 8, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson is still trying to find a way to deal Rick Nash. His demands are high, maybe too high, but he does have someone that understands him in former Jackets forward Michael Peca.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch breaks down whether or not the price for Nash is too high and Peca tells him it’s all part of the process of trying to make a trade.
“Scott is trying to rob somebody, and he has that right,” said Michael Peca, a longtime NHL player, including with Columbus, and now an analyst for TSN, a Canadian sports channel. “And you know some teams are trying to get Nash from (Howson) without giving up anything of consequence.”
If you scoped out what any armchair GM on the Internet was cooking up to land Nash for their favorite team, you know that to be true. Then again, when Howson is asking for guys like Jeff Skinner or Logan Couture or Chris Kreider, those are deals that just aren’t going to materialize.
It’s a high-stakes game of chicken at this point and Howson seems determined not to swerve out of the way until he gets what he wants. If that means going head-on into the season with Nash still in Columbus, so be it. How delightfully awkward.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)