Jul 8, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
The trade rumors that continue to rumble between the Florida Panthers and Vancouver Canucks added a bit of curiosity today.
Florida Panthers team president Michael Yormark tweeted seemingly innocuously that he was on the road this week and had a “very important dinner” in Las Vegas set for Monday night. That seems all well and good, team presidents often have to do important business on the road.
Wait, Roberto Luongo is in Vegas at the World Series of Poker? Huh… How about that. It must be a happy coincidence that the president of the team interested in acquiring a player is going to the city where said player is holed up for another event.
I’m sure Canucks GM Mike Gillis, the same guy who had tampering charges filed against Leafs GM Brian Burke in 2009, won’t be keeping an eye on either Yormark’s Twitter account or @strombone1 to see if there’s any shenanigans.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)