Jul 8, 2012, 4:31 PM EST
The trade rumors that continue to rumble between the Florida Panthers and Vancouver Canucks added a bit of curiosity today.
Florida Panthers team president Michael Yormark tweeted seemingly innocuously that he was on the road this week and had a “very important dinner” in Las Vegas set for Monday night. That seems all well and good, team presidents often have to do important business on the road.
Wait, Roberto Luongo is in Vegas at the World Series of Poker? Huh… How about that. It must be a happy coincidence that the president of the team interested in acquiring a player is going to the city where said player is holed up for another event.
I’m sure Canucks GM Mike Gillis, the same guy who had tampering charges filed against Leafs GM Brian Burke in 2009, won’t be keeping an eye on either Yormark’s Twitter account or @strombone1 to see if there’s any shenanigans.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)