Jul 7, 2012, 10:14 PM EDT
Mere days after filing for arbitration, CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz is reporting that T.J. Galiardi has inked a one-year extension with the San Jose Sharks. The financial details of the agreement were not immediately available.
Galiardi was taken in the second round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft by the Colorado Avalanche and stayed within their organization until he was traded to the Sharks on Feb. 27. He had nine goals and 15 points in 69 games last season.
He also took part in three playoff games during the Sharks’ 4-1 series loss to the St. Louis Blues in the first round. During Game 2, Galiardi delivered a controversial hit on St. Louis forward Andy McDonald. He asserted that Galiardi elbowed him in the head so hard that it actually broke his helmet.
Galiardi is primarily a bottom-six forward, who can contribute a bit more offensively than he did in 2011-12.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15