Jul 7, 2012, 12:19 PM EST
No one likes to see anyone get hurt playing hockey. For Rangers prospect Dylan McIlrath, he wins the award for having the most gruesome offseason injury. The Rangers announced McIlrath underwent surgery for a dislocated kneecap.
Hang on, I need a second because… OUCH. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants reports there’s no timetable for when he will return or if he’ll be ready for training camp in September.
McIlrath was the Rangers’ top pick in the 2010 draft at 10th overall. The Rangers passed on Cam Fowler to pick him, and his game comes with a ferocious edge to it. At 20 years-old, he’s about ready to start challenging for a spot in the NHL. McIlrath spent last season finishing his time in junior hockey with Moose Jaw before ending the season in the AHL.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 0
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 52
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (52)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)