Jul 7, 2012, 12:19 PM EST
No one likes to see anyone get hurt playing hockey. For Rangers prospect Dylan McIlrath, he wins the award for having the most gruesome offseason injury. The Rangers announced McIlrath underwent surgery for a dislocated kneecap.
Hang on, I need a second because… OUCH. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants reports there’s no timetable for when he will return or if he’ll be ready for training camp in September.
McIlrath was the Rangers’ top pick in the 2010 draft at 10th overall. The Rangers passed on Cam Fowler to pick him, and his game comes with a ferocious edge to it. At 20 years-old, he’s about ready to start challenging for a spot in the NHL. McIlrath spent last season finishing his time in junior hockey with Moose Jaw before ending the season in the AHL.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)