Jul 7, 2012, 12:19 PM EDT
No one likes to see anyone get hurt playing hockey. For Rangers prospect Dylan McIlrath, he wins the award for having the most gruesome offseason injury. The Rangers announced McIlrath underwent surgery for a dislocated kneecap.
Hang on, I need a second because… OUCH. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants reports there’s no timetable for when he will return or if he’ll be ready for training camp in September.
McIlrath was the Rangers’ top pick in the 2010 draft at 10th overall. The Rangers passed on Cam Fowler to pick him, and his game comes with a ferocious edge to it. At 20 years-old, he’s about ready to start challenging for a spot in the NHL. McIlrath spent last season finishing his time in junior hockey with Moose Jaw before ending the season in the AHL.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5