Jul 7, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
When Martin Brodeur hired an agent and (lightly) tested the free agent waters, it made Devils fans nervous he might actually play for another team. Those fans weren’t alone in their worries as you can count David Clarkson amongst the anxious.
Jonathan Brazeau of Sportsnet spoke with Clarkson about Brodeur’s free agency test drive and how he’s happy to have him back.
“When he had to go out there and hire an agent for the very first time for 20 years … I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous,” Clarkson said. “He’s a guy who’s won that many Stanley Cups and done what he’s done for this country Canada. It’s an honour to have him in that net and do what he does.”
We knew the Devils loved Martin Brodeur, but that’s a heck of a ringing endorsement from a teammate. Brodeur signed a two-year, $9 million deal with the Devils to stay in New Jersey to give the team something to hang their hat on this offseason.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)