Jul 7, 2012, 2:31 PM EST
When Martin Brodeur hired an agent and (lightly) tested the free agent waters, it made Devils fans nervous he might actually play for another team. Those fans weren’t alone in their worries as you can count David Clarkson amongst the anxious.
Jonathan Brazeau of Sportsnet spoke with Clarkson about Brodeur’s free agency test drive and how he’s happy to have him back.
“When he had to go out there and hire an agent for the very first time for 20 years … I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous,” Clarkson said. “He’s a guy who’s won that many Stanley Cups and done what he’s done for this country Canada. It’s an honour to have him in that net and do what he does.”
We knew the Devils loved Martin Brodeur, but that’s a heck of a ringing endorsement from a teammate. Brodeur signed a two-year, $9 million deal with the Devils to stay in New Jersey to give the team something to hang their hat on this offseason.
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 8
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15