Jul 7, 2012, 2:31 PM EST
When Martin Brodeur hired an agent and (lightly) tested the free agent waters, it made Devils fans nervous he might actually play for another team. Those fans weren’t alone in their worries as you can count David Clarkson amongst the anxious.
Jonathan Brazeau of Sportsnet spoke with Clarkson about Brodeur’s free agency test drive and how he’s happy to have him back.
“When he had to go out there and hire an agent for the very first time for 20 years … I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous,” Clarkson said. “He’s a guy who’s won that many Stanley Cups and done what he’s done for this country Canada. It’s an honour to have him in that net and do what he does.”
We knew the Devils loved Martin Brodeur, but that’s a heck of a ringing endorsement from a teammate. Brodeur signed a two-year, $9 million deal with the Devils to stay in New Jersey to give the team something to hang their hat on this offseason.
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 1
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 50
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)